Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2008/05/27 19:35:19 UTC

ODE integration and level of Geronimo-connector? was: Levels of Geronimo dependencies

Mike Edwards wrote:
> Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
>> Jean-Sebastien Delfino wrote:
>>> The following files:
>>> sca/modules/core/pom.xml
>>> sca/modules/binding-jms/pom.xml
>>> sca/modules/policy-transaction/pom.xml
>>> sca/modules/binding-ejb/pom.xml
>>> sca/modules/implementation-bpel-ode/pom.xml
>>> sca/modules/host-webapp/pom.xml
>>> sca/modules/implementation-openjpa/pom.xml
>>>
>>> seem to require different levels of various geronimo JARs.
>>>
>>> How about making them agree on a single level: Geronimo 2.1?
>>
>> I've tried to change the references to Geronimo 2.1.1 and the
>> corresponding spec JARs and got a successful build, so if there's no
>> objection I'll commit that change in the next few days.
>>
> +1 from me to get to a single level of Geronimo.
>
> I have no opinion as to which level of Geronimo is best.
>

> Yours,  Mike.

I spoke too fast, Geronimo JARs version 2.1.1 breaks
implementation-bpel-ode with:

testProcessInvocation(org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.bpel.EmbeddedODEServerTestCase)
  Time elapsed: 0.113 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.GenericConnectionManager.<init>(Lorg/apache/geronimo/connector/outbound/connectionmanagerconfig/TransactionSupport;Lorg/apache/geronimo/connector/outbound/connectionmanagerconfig/PoolingSupport;ZLorg/apache/geronimo/connector/outbound/connectiontracking/ConnectionTracker;Ljavax/transaction/TransactionManager;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;)V
         at
org.apache.ode.il.dbutil.Database.initInternalDb(Database.java:187)
         at
org.apache.ode.il.dbutil.Database.initEmbeddedDb(Database.java:225)
         at
org.apache.ode.il.dbutil.Database.initDataSource(Database.java:144)
         at org.apache.ode.il.dbutil.Database.start(Database.java:96)
         at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.bpel.ode.EmbeddedODEServer.initPersistence(EmbeddedODEServer.java:132)
         at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.bpel.ode.EmbeddedODEServer.init(EmbeddedODEServer.java:99)
         at
org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.bpel.EmbeddedODEServerTestCase.setUp(EmbeddedODEServerTestCase.java:58)
         at
         at
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.junit.JUnitTestSet.execute(JUnitTestSet.java:213)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.executeTestSet(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:138)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.execute(AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.java:125)
         at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:132)
         at
         at
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:308)
         at
org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:879)

Results :

Tests in error:

testProcessInvocation(org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.bpel.EmbeddedODEServerTestCase)

It works with geronimo-connector version 1.2-beta (from Dec 2006), but
other versions of geronimo-connector give me that error.

Is there a way to get ODE 1.1 or 1.1.1 working with a more recent level
of geronimo-connector?

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: ODE integration and level of Geronimo-connector? was: Levels of Geronimo dependencies

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Matthieu Riou wrote:
> Depends which version of geronimo-transaction you want to use :) At the
> moment we're using 2.0.1 for geronimo kernel, transaction and connector and
> it works pretty well.

I'm getting the same exception with 2.0.1. Do you see any obvious
problem with how we've listed the ODE and Geronimo dependencies in our
pom.xml [1]?

The fact that I'm seeing the same error with 2.0.1 leads me to believe
that the problem is in that pom.xml, and some hope that once we get
around it it will also work with 2.1.1 :)

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/tuscany/java/sca/modules/implementation-bpel-ode/pom.xml

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Jean-Sebastien Delfino <
jsdelfino@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
>        at
>        at
>        at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireBooter.java:308)
>        at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java:879)
>

> Results :
>
> Tests in error:
>

> testProcessInvocation(org.apache.tuscany.sca.implementation.bpel.EmbeddedODEServerTestCase)
>

> It works with geronimo-connector version 1.2-beta (from Dec 2006), but
> other versions of geronimo-connector give me that error.
>
> Is there a way to get ODE 1.1 or 1.1.1 working with a more recent level of
> geronimo-connector?

Depends which version of geronimo-transaction you want to use :) At the
moment we're using 2.0.1 for geronimo kernel, transaction and connector and

Cheers,
Matthieu