Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Thomas <mb...@googlemail.com> on 2012/07/11 14:17:22 UTC

Setup Maven Project

Hello,

I try to check out Hupa, but I get lost with the setup of the new
Maven project when I checkout the source. Is there a more detailed
description than here: http://james.apache.org/hupa/environment.html.

Re: Setup Maven Project

Posted by Ioan Eugen Stan <st...@gmail.com>.
Don't know of a more detailed description.

Echo, is doing some work on hupa. Maybe we can be of more help if you
explain in detail what goes wrong.

Cheers,

Ioan Eugen Stan / CTO / http://axemblr.com

Re: Setup Maven Project

Posted by echo <ec...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I have not played it under Win, yet it seems that Hupa need not you to
setup the config file when you want it run with GMAIL MODE. That is because
the default config will be for GMAIL.
However, if you want to play with the DEMO mode[1], you should put the
.hupa/config.properties into your ${user_home}, which will be different in
Linux and Win. You may get it by the method
here<http://weka.wikispaces.com/Where+is+my+home+directory+located%3F>
[2].

[1]You should change two values in config file, aka,
IMAPServerAddress=hupa.demo
DefaultInboxFolder=Mock-Inbox
[2]http://weka.wikispaces.com/Where+is+my+home+directory+located%3F

--
*echo*

Re: Setup Maven Project

Posted by echo <ec...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,
Hoping your happy trip with Hupa ;)
I cc the list in case the issue(out of memory when compile Hupa) is
occurring to any other.

Thanks.

--
*echo*

Re: Setup Maven Project

Posted by echo <ec...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,
I have been playing with Hupa for a couple of months, with encountering
many issues. Pls don't hesitate to give your information about how you get
lost. I am very happy to share my notes with you.
The document you looked is a little early, because the version of
development environment(e.g., Eclipse, m2e...) have been updated, much as
it will remain the most helpful one. Since I remember there were actually a
few problems occurred to me when I configured the Maven as well, you can
also follow the steps
here[1]<http://echo.wdx.me/post/20175888706/solved-make-hupa-run-on-browser-from-source>,
or directly post your problems to this kind list.