Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Jane Mariathas <ja...@wso2.com> on 2015/06/26 05:56:50 UTC

To choose an ORM framework software

Hi,

To persist data with database in Stratos I'm planning to use ORM framework
in that I have chosen some softwares like Hibernate ,Apache Gora , Apache
Cayenne.

License of these softwares are ,

Hibernate has LGPL 2.1 and ASL 2.0

Apache Gora has ASLv2,AGPLv3,CDDLv1,FDLv13,GPL v1 to v3 ,LGPLv21 and LGPLv3

Apache Cayenne licensed under apache

Can anyone help me to choose a suitable software to use with Stratos.

Jane Aarthy Mariathas
*Intern*,Software Engineering
jane@wso2.com

Re: To choose an ORM framework software

Posted by Gayan Gunarathne <ga...@wso2.com>.
I think we can have a look at JPA also. But I have seen JPA tends to use
the hibernate entity manager with h2,mysql databases[1] . I think we may
need to check on this.

Also seems like Apache Cayenne good object-relational mapping framework[2].
Gora is specially focused at NoSQL data stores, but also it has support for
SQL databases also.[3]

As Imesh mention we can do a review on JPA,Apache Cayenne and Apache Gora
and analyse what will be most suited for our requirement.

[1]http://www.javacodegeeks.com/2015/02/jpa-tutorial.html
[2]http://cayenne.apache.org/
[3]http://gora.apache.org/current/tutorial.html

Thanks,
Gayan

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Shall we use a JPA implementation, may be Java EE?
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/java/jpa-137156.html
>
> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Jane,
>>
>> LGPL is not compatible with Apache2 therefore we might not be able to
>> ship Hibernate with Stratos:
>> http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html
>>
>> I haven't worked with Gora or Cayenne, shall we do a review with several
>> other options?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Jane Mariathas <ja...@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> To persist data with database in Stratos I'm planning to use ORM
>>> framework in that I have chosen some softwares like Hibernate ,Apache Gora
>>> , Apache Cayenne.
>>>
>>> License of these softwares are ,
>>>
>>> Hibernate has LGPL 2.1 and ASL 2.0
>>>
>>> Apache Gora has ASLv2,AGPLv3,CDDLv1,FDLv13,GPL v1 to v3 ,LGPLv21 and
>>> LGPLv3
>>>
>>> Apache Cayenne licensed under apache
>>>
>>> Can anyone help me to choose a suitable software to use with Stratos.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> --
>>> Jane Aarthy Mariathas
>>> *Intern*,Software Engineering
>>> jane@wso2.com
>>>

>> --
>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>
>> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2

> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2

Gayan Gunarathne
Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc. (http://wso2.com)
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
email : gayang@wso2.com  | mobile : +94 766819985

Re: To choose an ORM framework software

Posted by Jane Mariathas <ja...@wso2.com>.
Hi Imesh

I read the article, and read about some other articles also.What about
Spring Data JPA it has the ASLv2 and its a Spring framework

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Shall we use a JPA implementation, may be Java EE?
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/articles/java/jpa-137156.html

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Jane,
>
> LGPL is not compatible with Apache2 therefore we might not be able to ship
> Hibernate with Stratos:
> http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html
>
> I haven't worked with Gora or Cayenne, shall we do a review with several
> other options?
>
> Thanks
>

> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Jane Mariathas <ja...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> To persist data with database in Stratos I'm planning to use ORM
>> framework in that I have chosen some softwares like Hibernate ,Apache Gora
>> , Apache Cayenne.
>>
>> License of these softwares are ,
>>
>> Hibernate has LGPL 2.1 and ASL 2.0
>>
>> Apache Gora has ASLv2,AGPLv3,CDDLv1,FDLv13,GPL v1 to v3 ,LGPLv21 and
>> LGPLv3
>>
>> Apache Cayenne licensed under apache
>>
>> Can anyone help me to choose a suitable software to use with Stratos.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> --
>> Jane Aarthy Mariathas
>> *Intern*,Software Engineering