Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Nayananga Muhandiram <na...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/03 05:08:01 UTC

Re: GSoc 2019 Projects announced

Hello everyone, I followed Mr.Zoran's guide and I have one little problem.
How can I test that my fixes fixed the issue?
Thank you,

*Nayananga Anuradha Muhandiram*

Batch 11,
Department of Computer Science,
Faculty of  Science,
University of Jaffna.

Contacts :

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Nayananga,
for the component manual I think it's just best that we link to
components/index.adoc, these readme.adoc's only work on GitHub and
can't be used in Antora...

zoran

,

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: GSoc 2019 Projects announced

Posted by Nayananga Muhandiram <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nayananga Muhandiram <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Nayananga,

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: GSoc 2019 Projects announced

Posted by Nayananga Muhandiram <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nayananga Muhandiram <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Nayananga,

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: GSoc 2019 Projects announced

Posted by Nayananga Muhandiram <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Nayananga,

--
Zoran Regvart

Re: GSoc 2019 Projects announced

Posted by Nayananga Muhandiram <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nayananga Muhandiram <na...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Nayananga,
to check for broken links you can build the website by:
 - building the Camel Antora theme
 - building the website
 - running the link checker

To build the Camel Antora theme, from the camel-website git repository
root, run:
$ yarn --cwd antora-ui-camel install
$ yarn --cwd antora-ui-camel build

To build the website, from the camel-website git repository root, run:
$ yarn install
$ yarn build

To run the link checker (for the issue CAMEL-13589), from the
camel-website git repository root, run:
$ yarn run check

You'll inevitably need to make changes to the _main_ camel git
repository in .adoc files to fix those issues and rebuild the website
with the state of your local git repository. To help with the flow in
fixing those issues commit the changes you make to the camel git
repository (remember to do frequent `git pull --rebase` before you're
ready to create a pull request), and change the site.yml so that the
source url for the camel git repository is pointing to your local
filesystem instead of `git@github.com:apache/camel.git`, then you can
rebuild the website and re-run the link checker.

When you build the website you'll notice some warnings and errors from
asciidoctor, that's the second part of the task (issue CAMEL-13588).

You can create multiple pull requests or work on a single pull request
and force-push your changes to it, whatever makes you more productive.

Thanks :)

zoran

--
Zoran Regvart