Posted to user@beam.apache.org by Valentyn Tymofieiev <va...@google.com> on 2020/06/16 17:27:56 UTC

Preparing to sunset Python 2 offering in Apache Beam

Hi Beam User community,

In line with the pledge[1] to sunset Python 2 offering in new releases in
2020 that Apache Beam has committed to [1,2], we are discussing[3] a more
concrete proposal on dev@ mailing list to make 2.23.0 the final Beam
release supporting Python 2.

We have now had more than 10 releases with Python 3 support, and are not
aware of any hard blockers in Beam that prevent users from Py3 migration.
If you are experiencing issues with Py3 migration, we'd like to hear from
you.

Thanks,
Valentyn

[1]