Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by da...@hic.gov.au on 2002/03/24 23:16:57 UTC

Logkit: RevolvingFileStrategy - suggested changes.

I got sick-and-tired of having this class restart the current revolving
suffix every time I restarted the program so I whiped up some code to
implement one of the TODOs - namely scanning the file system looking for
the oldest file number. (Actual took about 5 hours so "whiped" is not the
correct word).

I have tested this against my NT 2000 machine at home but not against a
Unix/Aix/Linux box although the code should be portable ;->.

Would appreciate someone looking at this (are you there Pete) and seeing
whether it is good enough to get included into Logkit's next release. There
are some tricks, it needs to treat filenames without paths a little
differently to those with paths. And I did not assume the files came back
in any particular order. In the meantime I intend to use it in my project
as an industrial strength test.

(See attached file: RevolvingFileStrategy.java)

NOTICE - This message is intended only for the use of the
addressee named above and may contain privileged and
confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient
of this message you are hereby notified that you must not
disseminate, copy or take any action based upon it.  If you
received this message in error please notify HIC immediately.
the views of HIC.