Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Markus Karg <ma...@quipsy.de> on 2006/03/02 13:14:20 UTC

Why can't I rename a file in a renamed folder?

Using Subclipse, I tried to rename a folder, then rename a file.
This is not possible.
A message pops up telling me that I have to commit the folder-rename first.

Why?

Thanks
Markus

Re: Why can't I rename a file in a renamed folder?

Posted by Markus Ewald <Ma...@gmx.net>.
Markus Karg schrieb:
> Using Subclipse, I tried to rename a folder, then rename a file.
> This is not possible.
> A message pops up telling me that I have to commit the folder-rename
> first.
>
> Why?
That's something I've been wondering about, too.

If the file is renamed first, and then the folder (with the file in it),
there are no complaints and the check has the desired result. This holds
true no matter how many renames you do and how deeply nested the
file/folder is.

> Thanks
> Markus

-Markus- (as well ;))