Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org> on 2016/08/11 21:43:04 UTC

index-only plans

Hi,

we still have the big change on index-only plans outstanding. I think that
it would be good to have that feature. However, at it\u2019s current size (+45K
lines, -15K lines) it is very (!) difficult to review. So I think that one
approach to get there would be to break it down into smaller more achievable
steps.
I\u2019ve added a few comments to the review with thoughts I had to do that.
What do you think?
Is that a good approach? Is it feasible?
Are there other ways?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Till

Re: index-only plans

Posted by Taewoo Kim <wa...@gmail.com>.
@Chen, @Till: Thanks. I will try.

Best,
Taewoo

Re: index-only plans

Posted by Chen Li <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: index-only plans

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
Hi Taewoo,

I think that pulling the function rename out would be a great step
forward!
Please do this.

Cheers,
Till

P.S. Please also look at my other comments. E.g. there are whitespace
and
formatting changes that increase the number of changes files and lines
that
each reviewer needs to look at. While these don\u2019t change the behavior,
some
reviewers (I am one of those) see those multiple times as they go back
and
forth though the change and need to convince themselves multiple times
that
they are benign :)

Re: index-only plans

Posted by Taewoo Kim <wa...@gmail.com>.