Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Carlos Henriquez <ca...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/25 18:03:51 UTC

Upgrading from 1.0.2: one step missing

I just download and follow the instructions from the upgrade
page<http://maven.apache.org/continuum/upgrade.html>to install
1.0.3 but one step is missing.

After you replace your database folder, you need to open the
service.properties file and change the reference from 1.0.2 to 1.0.3 (first
line). Otherwise you won't be able to see the web page and continue with the
upgrading.

Bye.

Re: Upgrading from 1.0.2: one step missing

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.

Carlos Henriquez a écrit :
> Before making that change I could not see the Continuum web page to continue
> with the upgrading (log in and change the working and output folder).
>
> I copied the old database folder to 1.0.3 and it didn't work.
>
> I then copied the 1.0.3 database folder back and it work but without my old
> projects (that's ok since it's a new database).
>
> Finally, I copied the old database folder to 1.0.3 and change the
> service.properties file and it work. I could logged in and see my old
> projects. Then I changed the working and output folder and finished the
> upgrade.
>
> It was necessary for me unless I missed something.

You probably missed something because in all migration we done, we never changed it.

Emmanuel

Re: Upgrading from 1.0.2: one step missing

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
Are you sure it's necessary? it's a comment written by derby.

Emmanuel