Posted to dev@trafficcontrol.apache.org by Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org> on 2017/01/25 16:15:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control 1.8.0-incubating (RC9)

Hello All,

I've prepared another release for v1.8.0 (RC9)

Changes since 1.7.0:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-trafficcontrol/compare/RELEASE-1.7.0...RELEASE-1.8.0-RC9

This corresponds to git:
  Tag: RELEASE-1.8.0-RC9

Which can be verified with the following:    git tag -v RELEASE-1.8.0-RC9

My code signing key is available here:
http://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?search=0x4587A8F0&op=vindex

Make sure you refresh from a key server to get all relevant signatures.

The source .tar.gz file, pgp signature (.asc signed with my key from
above), and md5 and sha1 checksums are provided here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/trafficcontrol/1.8.0/RC9

More Apache License compliance changes are included in this RC.
Several third-party javascript files were removed that were deemed
unused.

The vote will remain open until Friday,  Jan 27, 2017.

Thanks!

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Traffic Control 1.8.0-incubating (RC9)

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
> On Jan 27, 2017, at 9:46 AM, Dan Kirkwood <da...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> -- was assuming as release manager I didn't get a vote,  but not true?

Everyone gets to vote :). If you are a PPMC member, your vote is binding. We should encourage non-PPMC members to vote as well, some of the best problem reports tend to come from those who did not actively work on the code.

Fwiw, being the RM is not “special”, you are in theory just packaging up all the work the community has put together.  Excluding the RM from voting seems unfair :).

Cheers,

— Leif

Posted by David Neuman <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 based solely on all the testing I did on previous RCs and the fact that
only licenses changed.

Posted by Jeremy Mitchell <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.