Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com> on 2012/12/04 21:40:36 UTC

Fwd: Mandatory svnpubsub migration by Jan 2013

Please read. We should discuss this at the weekly conference if not
before (on email).

Craig

Begin forwarded message:

> [...]
> so that changes will propagate to the Apache website:
>
> 3a) For content which is already under subversion control, there is
> very little to do. We just have to create an INFRA issue telling the
> Infrastructure team where the subversion source lives and what
> Apache website address it corresponds to. Here are some examples of
> these INFRA issues: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/
> INFRA-5505, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5313, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4217
> .
>
> 3b) For content which is not already under subversion control, put
> it under subversion control and then see step (3a).
>
> 3c) Alternatively, uncontrolled content can be re-produced using
> Apache CMS. Apache CMS uses subversion as its repository. After
> converting content to Apache CMS, I believe that we would need to
> file an INFRA issue, telling the Infrastructure team to use the new
> CMS source to populate the Apache website address.
>
> Here's the current status of website content for the DB projects:
>
> Already under subversion control:
>
>  - Derby (mostly)
>  - JDO
>
> Not already under subversion control:
>
>  - DB umbrella site (at db.apache.org)
>  - DdlUtils
>  - ObjectRelationalBridge
>  - Torque
>
> I volunteer to do the following tasks:
>
>  - Migrate Derby (to be described in a follow-up email)
>  - Migrate the DB umbrella site (basically ask the Infrastructure
> team to use Kristian's CMS conversion, which is described here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5215)
>
> We need volunteers to migrate the following subprojects:
>
>  - JDO
>  - DdlUtils
>  - ObjectRelationalBridge
>  - Torque
>
> Thanks,
> -Rick
>

> On 2/9/12 2:47 AM, Kristian Waagan wrote:
>> On 08.02.2012 13:26, Joe Schaefer wrote:
>>> [PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POST! DIRECT ALL FURTHER
>>> INQUIRIES TO infrastructure@apache.org]
>>
>> Seems like we have some decisions to make on this one.
>>
>> The email from Joe contains several different things we have to
>> discuss. The two major items are:
>> o web site publishing
>> o release distribution
>>
>> Both of these must be performed by using svnpubsub before January
>> 2013. Web site publishing applies to the DB TLP and the various
>> subprojects, whereas release distribution applies to the
>> subprojects only since the DB TLP doesn't release any artifacts.
>> Note that using the CMS is optional; if the project is checking in
>> their generated site docs to a Subversion repository, svnpubsub can
>> be setup to pull the site from there.
>>
>> Is the general mailing list the correct place to discuss the matter
>> applying to the DB TLP?
>> Further, should each subproject discuss this on their respective

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: Fwd: Mandatory svnpubsub migration by Jan 2013

Posted by mc...@sonic.net.
As I understand the issue,  we fall under  path 3a, because our web
content is already under version control. Therefore, all we need to do is
to create an INFRA issue for the migration of our content.

--Michelle