Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2007/04/11 18:56:32 UTC

Eclipse project generation

To debug the calculator sample I did a mvn -Peclipse eclipse:eclipse in
java/sca and imported the calculator sample project and all dependecy
projects, into eclipse.  Is there a way of generating the workspace
automatically to avoid the import step? Looking at the eclipse plugin
documentation there doesn't seem to be an option.

Regards

Simon

Re: Eclipse project generation

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On 4/11/07, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Look at how people is doing in Apache Abdera
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/abdera/java/trunk/BUILDING
>
> I think you can use :
>
> mvn -Declipse.workspace=/path/to/workspace eclipse:eclipse
>

> On 4/11/07, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> >
> > To debug the calculator sample I did a mvn -Peclipse eclipse:eclipse in
> > java/sca and imported the calculator sample project and all dependecy
> > projects, into eclipse.  Is there a way of generating the workspace
> > automatically to avoid the import step? Looking at the eclipse plugin
> > documentation there doesn't seem to be an option.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Simon
> >

> --
> Luciano Resende
> http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Thanks Luciano for pointing that out. I tried it and it seems to be tryting
to do the right sort of thing but not quite getting all the way, i.e. the
resulting workspace doesn't load with projects in it. As their advice is to
start with the manual import I'll stick with what I have for now and
investigate alternatives in the future.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.