Posted to users@maven.apache.org by James Agnew <ja...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/22 12:42:17 UTC

Preferred way to submit Doxia Patches

Hi there,

I submitted a patch to Doxia about two years ago, and it does not appear to
have ever been looked at: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DOXIA-522

This patch makes the snippet macro infinitely more usable on sites with
lots of snippets because it causes malformed ones to be rejected instead of
being silently ignored.

I'm just wondering if there is a better way to submit patches to this
project?

Cheers,
James

Re: Preferred way to submit Doxia Patches

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
No, Jira is the good way to submit patches: thanks for your help.
But in addition to Jira, having some discussion here can help: as you can see,
your request here got the intended effect = this issue is now being discussed
in Jira

There are many Maven components, many Jiras, on so much different topics, with
less active people than topics, and a lot of different priorities on every
topic: some issues are overlooked, sorry
FYI, I reviewed personnally DOXIA before doing Doxia 1.7 a few months ago, I
picked a few I didn't followed at the time they were submitted, but I didn't
see yours...

Notice that we also have PR on github mirror, but that won't change anything
regarding review: if it is overlooked because it happens at a time when nobody
is actively monitoring the precise topic you're interested into at the exact
same time, it can stay unnoticed for a long time

Then thank you for the initial work AND for the nice "ping" when your work
remains unnoticed

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
Hi James,

I've had a look at the patched and the issues were quite clear. I've
adjusted your patches a bit, but all should be solved now.

thanks,
Robert