Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Cohen, Laurence" <lc...@novetta.com> on 2015/06/16 17:32:45 UTC

Brand new to Tomcat

Hi,

I find myself in a position where I am the only system administrator on a
project that uses tomcat appserver and apache webeserver with a postgres
backend.  We have two applications, and before and changeover from mod_ssl
to mod_nss we were able to go over port 80 to grab files out of the
database.  The web app in question is listening on port 8007, but proxied
on 443.  After we switch to mod_nss, something happened with the
configuration or the Rewrite Rules, where we can not longer use port 80,
although port 443 is working fine.

In server.xml I can see the following connector line:

  <Connector port="8007" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
executor="tomcatThreadPool"
               connectionTimeout="600000"
               scheme="https" secure="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
               keystoreFile="/opt/dse/keystores/keystore.tomcat"
               keystorePass="changeit"
               truststoreFile="/opt/dse/keystores/truststore.jks"
               truststorePass="password" proxyName="testweb01.novetta.com"
proxyPort="443"/>

My first question is, can I add another connector line, proxying to port 80
as so:

 <Connector port="8007" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
executor="tomcatThreadPool"
               connectionTimeout="600000"
               scheme="https" secure="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
               keystoreFile="/opt/dse/keystores/keystore.tomcat"
               keystorePass="changeit"
               truststoreFile="/opt/dse/keystores/truststore.jks"
               truststorePass="password" proxyName="testweb01.novetta.com"
proxyPort="80"/>

Thanks,

Larry Cohen

AW: Brand new to Tomcat

Posted by Thomas Rohde <tr...@ordix.de>.
Hi Larry,

of course you can add several Connector elements in server.xml. But notice that the value of the port attribute (not proxyPort) must be unique. Otherwise the second connector cannot be established at Tomcat startup.

Regards
Thomas

Re: Brand new to Tomcat

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 16/06/2015 16:32, Cohen, Laurence wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I find myself in a position where I am the only system administrator on a
> project that uses tomcat appserver and apache webeserver with a postgres
> backend.  We have two applications, and before and changeover from mod_ssl
> to mod_nss we were able to go over port 80 to grab files out of the
> database.  The web app in question is listening on port 8007, but proxied
> on 443.  After we switch to mod_nss, something happened with the
> configuration or the Rewrite Rules, where we can not longer use port 80,
> although port 443 is working fine.
>
> In server.xml I can see the following connector line:
>
>   <Connector port="8007" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
> executor="tomcatThreadPool"
>                connectionTimeout="600000"
>                scheme="https" secure="true"
>                clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
>                keystoreFile="/opt/dse/keystores/keystore.tomcat"
>                keystorePass="changeit"
>                truststoreFile="/opt/dse/keystores/truststore.jks"
>                truststorePass="password" proxyName="testweb01.novetta.com"
> proxyPort="443"/>
>
> My first question is, can I add another connector line, proxying to port 80
> as so:
>
>  <Connector port="8007" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
> executor="tomcatThreadPool"
>                connectionTimeout="600000"
>                scheme="https" secure="true"
>                clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
>                keystoreFile="/opt/dse/keystores/keystore.tomcat"
>                keystorePass="changeit"
>                truststoreFile="/opt/dse/keystores/truststore.jks"
>                truststorePass="password" proxyName="testweb01.novetta.com"
> proxyPort="80"/>

No.

The combination of address and port must be unique across all
Connectors. To be more specific, you can't have more than one OS socket
listening on an address/port combination

Mark

Re: Brand new to Tomcat

Posted by "Cohen, Laurence" <lc...@novetta.com>.
On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 4:06 PM, Christopher Schultz <
chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:

> [...]
> > "RequestHeader set ''". There's no reason to send-over a blank
> > string.

> > If you are going to be "setting" each of these with new values,
> > you may as well not bother to "unset" (or "set" them to "")
> > beforehand. I think it's just extra processing that wastes time and
> > doesn't accomplish. Of course, you'll want to verify that I'm
> > correct in that it doesn't matter if you remove the "unsets" before
> > the "sets", but I think you'll be okay.

> > Oh, man. This is awful.
> >
> > I'll bet the SSL-based configuration was re-written using
> > ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse and then the mod_rewrite (that's what
> > all this stuff is) stuff was simply removed (or no longer
> > referenced from httpd.conf, probably).
> >
> > But it looks like the RewriteCond/RewriteRule stuff was actually
> > enabling your proxying (in the very ugliest way possible, I might
> > add), so you lost your :80 proxying.
> >
> > For the most part, you should be able to copy the <Location>
> > sections from your nss.conf into whatever file you would like to
> > include to set up your :80 VirtualHost, and that should be about
> > it. (Of course, you'll want to remove the NSSOptions and
> > NSSVerifyClient sections as well.)
> >
> > If you'd prefer to have a slightly cleaner configuration, you can
> > change this:

> > to this:
> >
> > ProxyPass        /dse-help https://testapp01:8007/dse-help
> > ProxyPassReverse /dse-help https://testapp01:8007/dse-help
> >
> > , since you don't need additional configuration.
> >
> > I would be willing to bet that if you set NSSOptions and
> > NSSVerifyClient at the top-level, you wouldn't have to specify it
> > separately in all of those <Location> sections, and your
> > configuration would get even simpler, but I'm not aware of all of
> > the intricacies of your environment, so I wouldn't recommend you
> > make that change without someone watching who knows this
> > configuration very well.
> >
> > Hope that helps, -chris

> > Thank you Chris.  Unfortunately much of what you are saying is over
> > my head.  I'm a real newbie.
>
> Okay.
>
> > If you are saying I should set up another file for a :80 Virtual
> > Host, and include it from httpd.conf, can I just pretty much copy
> > what's in the :443 Virtual Host?
>
> I would first find the existing :80 VirtualHost and make sure that
> there is no conflicting configuration in there for what you are about
> to do.
>
> But then, yes, I think you can pretty much copy the <Location>
> sections from nss.conf into the :80 VirtualHost.
>
> Forget what I said about removing the NSSOptions and NSSVerifyClient
> directives, because I think you still need to make sure that you are
> communicating properly between httpd and Tomcat (over SSL). I wouldn't
> want to break that by removing those directives.
>
> - -chris

> Thank you Chris.  I'm playing with it but it's still not working, and I
have to move on to something else now.  Thanks for the help though.

Larry Cohen

Re: Brand new to Tomcat

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Larry,

On 6/16/15 3:34 PM, Cohen, Laurence wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Christopher Schultz <
> chris@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>
> Larry,
>
> BTW, you're doing great. Thanks for battling-through. See below.

d5,-rsa_null_sha,+fips_3des_sha,-fips_des_sha,-fortezza,-fortezza_rc4_12
> 8_sha,-fortezza_null,-rsa_des_56_sha,-rsa_rc4_56_sha,+rsa_aes_128_sha,
+r

sa_aes_256_sha

Re: Brand new to Tomcat

Posted by "Cohen, Laurence" <lc...@novetta.com>.
> [...]

> > https://testapp01:8007/dse-help
> > <https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse-help> </Location>
>
> to this:
>
>   ProxyPass        /dse-help https://testapp01:8007/dse-help
>   ProxyPassReverse /dse-help https://testapp01:8007/dse-help
>
> , since you don't need additional configuration.
>
> I would be willing to bet that if you set NSSOptions and
> NSSVerifyClient at the top-level, you wouldn't have to specify it
> separately in all of those <Location> sections, and your configuration
> would get even simpler, but I'm not aware of all of the intricacies of
> your environment, so I wouldn't recommend you make that change without
> someone watching who knows this configuration very well.
>
> Hope that helps,
> - -chris

> Thank you Chris.  Unfortunately much of what you are saying is over my
head.  I'm a real newbie.  If you are saying I should set up another file

Re: Brand new to Tomcat

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Brand new to Tomcat

Posted by "Cohen, Laurence" <lc...@novetta.com>.
******* nss.conf.testweb01 *******

[...]

<Location /dse/opensearch>
      NSSOptions +ExportCertData +StdEnvVars
      NSSVerifyClient require
      ProxyPass https://testapp01:8007/dse/opensearch
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse/opensearch>
      ProxyPassReverse https://testapp01:8007/dse/opensearch
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse/opensearch>
</Location>

<Location /dse/system_announcements/feed>
      NSSVerifyClient none
      NSSOptions +StdEnvVars
      ProxyPass https://testapp01:8007/dse/system_announcements/feed
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse/system_announcements/feed>
      ProxyPassReverse https://testapp01:8007/dse/system_announcements/feed
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse/system_announcements/feed>
</Location>

<Location /dse/feeds>
      NSSVerifyClient none
      NSSOptions +StdEnvVars
      ProxyPass https://testapp01:8007/dse/feeds
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse/feeds>
      ProxyPassReverse https://testapp01:8007/dse/feeds
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse/feeds>
</Location>

<Location /dse/web-services/publish?wsdl>
      NSSVerifyClient none
      NSSOptions +StdEnvVars
      ProxyPass https://testapp01:8007/dse/web-services/publish?wsdl
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse/web-services/publish?wsdl>
      ProxyPassReverse https://testapp01:8007/dse/web-services/publish?wsdl
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse/web-services/publish?wsdl>
</Location>

<Location /dse/web-services/emtopic?wsdl>
      NSSVerifyClient none
      NSSOptions +StdEnvVars
      ProxyPass https://testapp01:8007/dse/web-services/emtopic?wsdl
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse/web-services/emtopic?wsdl>
      ProxyPassReverse https://testapp01:8007/dse/web-services/emtopic?wsdl
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse/web-services/emtopic?wsdl>
</Location>

<Location /dse/web-services>
      NSSOptions +ExportCertData +StdEnvVars
      NSSVerifyClient require
      ProxyPass https://testapp01:8007/dse/web-services
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse/web-services>
      ProxyPassReverse https://testapp01:8007/dse/web-services
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse/web-services>
</Location>

<Location /dse>
#SSLRenegBufferSize 52430000
      NSSVerifyClient optional
      NSSOptions +ExportCertData +StdEnvVars
      ProxyPass https://testapp01:8007/dse
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse>
      ProxyPassReverse https://testapp01:8007/dse
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse>
</Location>

<Location /juddiv3/services/security?wsdl>
      NSSVerifyClient none
      NSSOptions +StdEnvVars
      ProxyPass https://testapp01:8009/juddiv3/services/security?wsdl
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8009/juddiv3/services/security?wsdl>
      ProxyPassReverse https://testapp01:8007/juddiv3/services/security?wsdl
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/juddiv3/services/security?wsdl>
</Location>

<Location /juddiv3/services/inquiry?wsdl>
      NSSVerifyClient none
      NSSOptions +StdEnvVars
      ProxyPass https://testapp01:8009/juddiv3/services/inquiry?wsdl
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8009/juddiv3/services/inquiry?wsdl>
      ProxyPassReverse https://testapp01:8009/juddiv3/services/inquiry?wsdl
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8009/juddiv3/services/inquiry?wsdl>
</Location>

<Location /juddiv3/services/publish?wsdl>
      NSSVerifyClient none
      NSSOptions +StdEnvVars
      ProxyPass https://testapp01:8009/juddiv3/services/publish?wsdl
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8009/juddiv3/services/publish?wsdl>
      ProxyPassReverse https://testapp01:8009/juddiv3/services/publish?wsdl
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8009/juddiv3/services/publish?wsdl>
</Location>

<Location /juddiv3>
#SSLRenegBufferSize 10486000
      NSSVerifyClient require
      NSSOptions +ExportCertData +StdEnvVars
      ProxyPass  https://testapp01:8009/juddiv3
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8009/juddiv3>
      ProxyPassReverse  https://testapp01:8009/juddiv3
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8009/juddiv3>
</Location>

<Location />
#SSLRenegBufferSize 52430000
      NSSVerifyClient optional
      NSSOptions +ExportCertData +StdEnvVars
      ProxyPass https://testapp01:8007/dse
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse>
      ProxyPassReverse https://testapp01:8007/dse
<https://testapp01.novetta.com:8007/dse>
</Location>

<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
    NSSOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>
<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
    NSSOptions +StdEnvVars
</Directory>

# initialize the SSL headers to a blank value to avoid http header forgeries
RequestHeader set SSL_CLIENT_CERT ""
RequestHeader set SSL_CIPHER ""
RequestHeader set SSL_SESSION_ID ""
RequestHeader set SSL_CIPHER_USEKEYSIZE ""

RequestHeader set SSL_CLIENT_CERT "%{SSL_CLIENT_CERT}s"
RequestHeader set SSL_CIPHER "%{SSL_CIPHER}s"
RequestHeader set SSL_SESSION_ID "%{SSL_SESSION_ID}s"
RequestHeader set SSL_CIPHER_USEKEYSIZE "%{SSL_CIPHER_USEKEYSIZE}s"

CustomLog /var/log/httpd/ssl_request_log "%t %h %{SSL_CLIENT_CERT}x
%{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN}x %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"

ErrorLog /etc/httpd/logs/error_log
TransferLog /etc/httpd/logs/access_log
LogLevel info

</VirtualHost>

******* rewwrite.conf.testweb01 *******

#
[...]

# Redirect DSE 1.x URLs to new DSE 2.0 locations
RewriteRule ^/mdr/irs/(.*)$ http://testweb01/dse/irs/$1
<http://testweb01.novetta.com/dse/irs/$1> [L,redirect]
RewriteRule ^/mdr/ns/(.*)$ http://testweb01/dse/ns/$1
<http://testweb01.novetta.com/dse/ns/$1> [L,redirect]
RewriteRule ^/mdr/documents/(.*)$ http://testweb01/dse/documents/$1
<http://testweb01.novetta.com/dse/documents/$1> [L,redirect]

# Redirect / to the DSE Homepage.
RewriteRule ^/$  https://testweb01/dse <https://testweb01.novetta.com/dse>
[L]

******* ssl.conf.prodweb01 *******
#
# This is the Apache server configuration file providing SSL support.
# It contains the configuration directives to instruct the server how to
# serve pages over an https connection. For detailing information about
these
# directives see <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_ssl.html>
#
#   For the moment, see <URL:http://www.modssl.org/docs/> for this info.
#   The documents are still being prepared from material donated by the
#   modssl project.
#
# Do NOT simply read the instructions in here without understanding
# what they do.  They're here only as hints or reminders.  If you are unsure
# consult the online docs. You have been warned.
#

#   Until documentation is completed, please check http://www.modssl.org/
#   for additional config examples and module docmentation.  Directives
#   and features of mod_ssl are largely unchanged from the mod_ssl project
#   for Apache 1.3.

#
# When we also provide SSL we have to listen to the
# standard HTTP port (see above) and to the HTTPS port
#
# To allow connections to IPv6 addresses add "Listen [::]:443"
#
Listen 0.0.0.0:443

#
# Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) Support
#
# To be able to use the functionality of a module which was built as a DSO
you
#    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
#    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common

##
##  SSL Global Context
##
##  All SSL configuration in this context applies both to
##  the main server and all SSL-enabled virtual hosts.
##

#
#   Some MIME-types for downloading Certificates and CRLs
#
AddType application/x-x509-ca-cert .crt
AddType application/x-pkcs7-crl    .crl

#   Pass Phrase Dialog:
#   Configure the pass phrase gathering process.
#   The filtering dialog program (`builtin' is a internal
#   terminal dialog) has to provide the pass phrase on stdout.
SSLPassPhraseDialog  builtin

#   Inter-Process Session Cache:
#   Configure the SSL Session Cache: First the mechanism
#   to use and second the expiring timeout (in seconds).
#SSLSessionCache        none
#SSLSessionCache        dbm:/var/cache/mod_ssl/scache(512000)
SSLSessionCache         shmcb:/var/cache/mod_ssl/scache(512000)
SSLSessionCacheTimeout  300

#   Semaphore:
#   Configure the path to the mutual exclusion semaphore the
#   SSL engine uses internally for inter-process synchronization.
SSLMutex  file:/var/log/httpd/ssl_mutex

#   Pseudo Random Number Generator (PRNG):
#   Configure one or more sources to seed the PRNG of the
#   SSL library. The seed data should be of good random quality.
#   WARNING! On some platforms /dev/random blocks if not enough entropy
#   is available. This means you then cannot use the /dev/random device
#   because it would lead to very long connection times (as long as
#   it requires to make more entropy available). But usually those
#   platforms additionally provide a /dev/urandom device which doesn't
#   block. So, if available, use this one instead. Read the mod_ssl User
#   Manual for more details.
SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
SSLRandomSeed connect builtin
#SSLRandomSeed startup file:/dev/random  512
#SSLRandomSeed startup file:/dev/urandom 512
#SSLRandomSeed connect file:/dev/random  512
#SSLRandomSeed connect file:/dev/urandom 512

#
# Use "SSLCryptoDevice" to enable any supported hardware
# accelerators. Use "openssl engine -v" to list supported
# engine names.  NOTE: If you enable an accelerator and the
# server does not start, consult the error logs and ensure
# your accelerator is functioning properly.
#
#httpd 2.0.63 does not like SSLCryptoDevice
#SSLCryptoDevice builtin
#SSLCryptoDevice ubsec

##
## SSL Virtual Host Context
##

<VirtualHost _default_:443>
JkMountCopy On

#
# ssl.conf rewrite rules:
# These rules handle all https:// protocol requests.
#
RewriteEngine on

# Redirect DSE 1.x URLs to new DSE 2.0 locations
RewriteRule ^/mdr/mdwgDocuments.htm$
https://prodweb01/dse-help/en/Metadata_Working_Group
<https://prodweb01.novetta.com/dse-help/en/Metadata_Working_Group>
[L,redirect]
RewriteRule ^/eads(.*)$ https://prodweb01/dse
<https://prodweb01.novetta.com/dse> [L,redirect]
RewriteRule ^/mdr/details.htm(.*)$ https://prodweb01/dse/details$1
<https://prodweb01.novetta.com/dse/details$1> [L,redirect]
RewriteRule ^/mdr(.*)$ https://prodweb01/dse
<https://prodweb01.novetta.com/dse> [L,redirect]
RewriteRule ^/ncp(.*)$ https://prodweb01/dse
<https://prodweb01.novetta.com/dse> [L,redirect]
RewriteRule ^/sd(.*)$ https://prodweb01/dse
<https://prodweb01.novetta.com/dse> [L,redirect]
RewriteRule ^/dse/homepage.htm$ https://prodweb01/dse
<https://prodweb01.novetta.com/dse> [L,redirect]

# Redirect requests for OpenSearch
RewriteRule ^/opensearchdescription.xml$
https://prodweb01/dse/opensearch/opensearchdescription.xml
<https://prodweb01.novetta.com/dse/opensearch/opensearchdescription.xml>
[last,redirect]
RewriteRule ^/opensearch/$ https://prodweb01/dse/opensearch/$1
<https://prodweb01.novetta.com/dse/opensearch/$1> [last,redirect]

# Redirect requests for UDDI
RewriteRule ^/security(.*)$ https://prodweb01/juddiv3/services/security$1
<https://prodweb01.novetta.com/juddiv3/services/security$1> [last,redirect]
RewriteRule ^/inquiry(.*)$ https://prodweb01/juddiv3/services/inquiry
<https://prodweb01.novetta.com/juddiv3/services/inquiry> [L,redirect]
RewriteRule ^/publish(.*)$ https://prodweb01/juddiv3/services/publish
<https://prodweb01.novetta.com/juddiv3/services/publish> [L,redirect]
RewriteRule ^/subscription(.*)$
https://prodweb01/juddiv3/services/subscription

# Redirect / to the DSE Homepage.
RewriteRule ^/$  https://prodweb01/dse <https://prodweb01.novetta.com/dse>
[last,redirect]

#  General setup for the virtual host; inherited from global configuration.
# DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"
# ServerAdmin you@your.address
# ServerName new.host.name:443

# Use separate log files:
ErrorLog "|/usr/sbin/rotatelogs /var/log/httpd/ssl_error_log.%Y%m%d 86400
-300"
LogFormat "%h %{JSESSIONID}C %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_CN}e %t \"%r\" %>s %b %D"
TransferLog "|/usr/sbin/rotatelogs /var/log/httpd/ssl_access_log.%Y%m%d
86400 -300"

#   SSL Engine Switch:
#   Enable/Disable SSL for this virtual host.
SSLEngine on

#   SSL Cipher Suite:
#   List the ciphers that the client is permitted to negotiate.
#   See the mod_ssl documentation for a complete list.
#SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT56:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW:+SSLv2:+EXP
SSLProtocol    TLSv1
SSLCipherSuite AES256-SHA:AES128-SHA:DES-CBC3-SHA

#   Server Certificate:
#   Point SSLCertificateFile at a PEM encoded certificate.  If
#   the certificate is encrypted, then you will be prompted for a
#   pass phrase.  Note that a kill -HUP will prompt again. A test
#   certificate can be generated with `make certificate' under
#   built time. Keep in mind that if you've both a RSA and a DSA
#   certificate you can configure both in parallel (to also allow
#   the use of DSA ciphers, etc.)
SSLCertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt

#   Server Private Key:
#   If the key is not combined with the certificate, use this
#   directive to point at the key file.  Keep in mind that if
#   you've both a RSA and a DSA private key you can configure
#   both in parallel (to also allow the use of DSA ciphers, etc.)
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key

#   Server Certificate Chain:
#   Point SSLCertificateChainFile at a file containing the
#   concatenation of PEM encoded CA certificates which form the
#   certificate chain for the server certificate. Alternatively
#   the referenced file can be the same as SSLCertificateFile
#   when the CA certificates are directly appended to the server
#   certificate for convinience.
#SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/ca.crt

#   Certificate Authority (CA):
#   Set the CA certificate verification path where to find CA
#   certificates for client authentication or alternatively one
#   huge file containing all of them (file must be PEM encoded)
#   Note: Inside SSLCACertificatePath you need hash symlinks
#         to point to the certificate files. Use the provided
#         Makefile to update the hash symlinks after changes.
#SSLCACertificatePath /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt
SSLCACertificateFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/dse-trusted.crt

SSLCADNRequestFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/browser-accepting.crt

#   Certificate Revocation Lists (CRL):
#   Set the CA revocation path where to find CA CRLs for client
#   authentication or alternatively one huge file containing all
#   of them (file must be PEM encoded)
#   Note: Inside SSLCARevocationPath you need hash symlinks
#         to point to the certificate files. Use the provided
#         Makefile to update the hash symlinks after changes.
#SSLCARevocationPath /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crl
#SSLCARevocationFile /etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crl/ca-bundle.crl

#   Client Authentication (Type):
#   Client certificate verification type and depth.  Types are
#   none, optional, require and optional_no_ca.  Depth is a
#   number which specifies how deeply to verify the certificate
#   issuer chain before deciding the certificate is not valid.
SSLVerifyClient none
SSLInsecureRenegotiation on

<Location /juddiv3>
SSLVerifyClient require
SSLVerifyDepth  5
SSLRenegBufferSize 10486000
</Location>

<Location /juddiv3/>
SSLVerifyClient require
SSLVerifyDepth  5
SSLRenegBufferSize 10486000
</Location>

<Location /dse>
SSLVerifyClient optional
SSLVerifyDepth  5
[...]

<Location /dse/web-services/juddiv3/services/security?wsdl>
SSLVerifyClient none
</Location>

<Location /dse/web-services/juddiv3/services/inquiry?wsdl>
SSLVerifyClient none
</Location>

<Location /dse/web-services/juddiv3/services/publish?wsdl>
SSLVerifyClient none
</Location>

#   Access Control:
#   With SSLRequire you can do per-directory access control based
#   on arbitrary complex boolean expressions containing server
#   variable checks and other lookup directives.  The syntax is a
#   mixture between C and Perl.  See the mod_ssl documentation
#   for more details.
#<Location />
#SSLRequire (    %{SSL_CIPHER} !~ m/^(EXP|NULL)/ \
#            and %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_O} eq "Snake Oil, Ltd." \
#            and %{SSL_CLIENT_S_DN_OU} in {"Staff", "CA", "Dev"} \
#            and %{TIME_WDAY} >= 1 and %{TIME_WDAY} <= 5 \
#            and %{TIME_HOUR} >= 8 and %{TIME_HOUR} <= 20       ) \
#           or %{REMOTE_ADDR} =~ m/^192\.76\.162\.[0-9]+$/
#</Location>

#   SSL Engine Options:
#   Set various options for the SSL engine.
#   o FakeBasicAuth:
#     Translate the client X.509 into a Basic Authorisation.  This means
that
#     the standard Auth/DBMAuth methods can be used for access control.  The
#     user name is the `one line' version of the client's X.509 certificate.
#     Note that no password is obtained from the user. Every entry in the
user
#     file needs this password: `xxj31ZMTZzkVA'.
#   o ExportCertData:
#     This exports two additional environment variables: SSL_CLIENT_CERT and
#     SSL_SERVER_CERT. These contain the PEM-encoded certificates of the
#     server (always existing) and the client (only existing when client
#     authentication is used). This can be used to import the certificates
#     into CGI scripts.
#   o StdEnvVars:
#     This exports the standard SSL/TLS related `SSL_*' environment
variables.
#     Per default this exportation is switched off for performance reasons,
#     because the extraction step is an expensive operation and is usually
#     useless for serving static content. So one usually enables the
#     exportation for CGI and SSI requests only.
#   o StrictRequire:
#     This denies access when "SSLRequireSSL" or "SSLRequire" applied even
#     under a "Satisfy any" situation, i.e. when it applies access is denied
#     and no other module can change it.
#   o OptRenegotiate:
#     This enables optimized SSL connection renegotiation handling when SSL
#     directives are used in per-directory context.
SSLOptions +ExportCertData +StdEnvVars
<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Files>
<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
</Directory>

#   SSL Protocol Adjustments:
#   The safe and default but still SSL/TLS standard compliant shutdown
#   approach is that mod_ssl sends the close notify alert but doesn't wait
for
#   the close notify alert from client. When you need a different shutdown
#   approach you can use one of the following variables:
#   o ssl-unclean-shutdown:
#     This forces an unclean shutdown when the connection is closed, i.e. no
#     SSL close notify alert is send or allowed to received.  This violates
#     the SSL/TLS standard but is needed for some brain-dead browsers. Use
#     this when you receive I/O errors because of the standard approach
where
#     mod_ssl sends the close notify alert.
#   o ssl-accurate-shutdown:
#     This forces an accurate shutdown when the connection is closed, i.e. a
#     SSL close notify alert is send and mod_ssl waits for the close notify
#     alert of the client. This is 100% SSL/TLS standard compliant, but in
#     practice often causes hanging connections with brain-dead browsers.
Use
#     this only for browsers where you know that their SSL implementation
#     works correctly.
#   Notice: Most problems of broken clients are also related to the HTTP
#   keep-alive facility, so you usually additionally want to disable
#   keep-alive for those clients, too. Use variable "nokeepalive" for this.
#   Similarly, one has to force some clients to use HTTP/1.0 to workaround
#   their broken HTTP/1.1 implementation. Use variables "downgrade-1.0" and
#   "force-response-1.0" for this.
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
         nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
         downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

#   Per-Server Logging:
#   The home of a custom SSL log file. Use this when you want a
#   compact non-error SSL logfile on a virtual host basis.
CustomLog /var/log/httpd/ssl_request_log \
          "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"

</VirtualHost>

******* rewrite.conf.prodweb01 *******

#
[...]

RewriteRule ^/(.*)$             https://prodweb01/$1 [last,redirect]

# Redirect DSE 1.x URLs to new DSE 2.0 locations
RewriteRule ^/mdr/irs/(.*)$ http://prodweb01/dse/irs/$1 [L,redirect]
RewriteRule ^/mdr/ns/(.*)$ http://prodweb01/dse/ns/$1 [L,redirect]
RewriteRule ^/mdr/documents/(.*)$ http://prodweb01/dse/documents/$1

RewriteRule ^/$  https://prodweb01/dse [L]

Re: [OT] Brand new to Tomcat

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

RE: Brand new to Tomcat

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Cohen, Laurence [mailto:lcohen@novetta.com]
> Subject: Re: Brand new to Tomcat

> I apologize everyone.

No apology needed - you're doing much better than many.

> Are there some instructions that I'm supposed to have read through.  I'd be happy to
> review anything that will provide direction so I can be a good community member.

The mailing list rules/guidelines are here:
http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-users

 - Chuck

Re: Brand new to Tomcat

Posted by "Cohen, Laurence" <lc...@novetta.com>.
On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Caldarale, Charles R <
Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com> wrote:

> > From: Cohen, Laurence [mailto:lcohen@novetta.com]
> > Subject: Re: Brand new to Tomcat
>
> > Sorry, I sent that last post before I sent this one.  I'm assuming this
> is
> > what you were meaning about top posting?  I should just post after all
>
> Yes, but trimming out the fluff (e.g., footers and any corporate-required
> disclaimers) while you're at it is also desirable.
>
>  - Chuck

> received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail and
> its attachments from all computers.

I apologize everyone.  Are there some instructions that I'm supposed to

RE: Brand new to Tomcat

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.

Re: Brand new to Tomcat

Posted by "Cohen, Laurence" <lc...@novetta.com>.
On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 2:26 PM, Felix Schumacher <

> Am 16. Juni 2015 20:10:52 MESZ, schrieb "Cohen, Laurence" <
> lcohen@novetta.com>:
> >Yeah, I'm going to have to figure this out.  If I paste the text in the
> >email it will be very long.
>
> Maybe you could look for the changes yourself (diff might be your friend)
> and just paste the things that are different.
>
> In the SuSE package is a perl script, which claims to do the conversion
> from mod_ssl to mod_nss. You could try that on your original config files.
>
> By the way. It is considered bad style to top post in replies.
>
> Regards,
> Felix
> >
> >On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 2:00 PM, Felix Schumacher <
> >felix.schumacher@internetallee.de> wrote:

> >ssl.conf

> >rewrite.conf
> >see
> >ssl.conf
> >you
> >>
> >> Did you attach files to your mail? The mailing list strips most
> >> attachments. You might be lucky attaching text files.
> >>
> >> Or you could strip out any comments and paste them inline. Our you
> >put
> >> them somewhere else and send a link to the files.
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >> Felix

> ><lc...@novetta.com>

> >module
> >mod_proxy_http).

> >is

> >was
> >your

> >VirtualHost

> >configuration

Sorry, I sent that last post before I sent this one.  I'm assuming this is
what you were meaning about top posting?  I should just post after all

The problem with doing a diff is that the RewriteRules and ProxyPass rules
are in a different format obviously, so I'd probably need to walk through
them one by one.  I will attempt to do that though.

Thanks,

Larry Cohen

Re: Brand new to Tomcat

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.