Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Nenko Ivanov <ni...@icygen.com> on 2004/04/27 16:22:53 UTC

Access session based tool instance in my screens and actions question?

Hi all,
I want to have session tool that holds for example the current language.
But I do not know how to access the session instance of this tool and obtain
current language in my VelocityScreen or VelocityAction based class. Is it
possible.?
And if it is, how i must realize this tool?

Thanks all in advance.

Nenko

Re: Access session based tool instance in my screens and actions question?

Posted by US...@gea-wiegand.de.

Hi Nenko

in your action class methods you get the RunData and the Context object.
>From the Context object you can easily extract your tool:

public void doPerform(RunData data, Context context)
{
     Session s = (Session) context.get("session"); // suppose your tool is
named session in the velocity context
}

The same works for velocity screens ...

/uwe

                      "Nenko Ivanov"
                      <nivanov@icygen.c        An:       <tu...@jakarta.apache.org>
                      om>                      Kopie:
                                               Thema:    Access session based tool instance in my screens and actions
                      27.04.2004 16:22          question?
                      Bitte antworten
                      an "Turbine Users
                      List"