Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lodrö Sangpo Joergen Larsen <ni...@tdcspace.dk> on 2003/11/18 08:17:38 UTC

[users@httpd] [warn] (2)No such file or directory: exec() may not be safe

Help why upgrade??
I recently downloaded and installed the newest version Apache 1.3.29. I am using windows98.
After start-up a bunch of messages can be seen in the console window.
The error messages on launch:
[warn] (2)No such file or directory: exec() may not be safe
It appears eleven times(at least) and at the end it says that the server is running.
It IS running. Everything works. But why the messages?
And how to get rid of them. ?
They were not there with my version 1.3.27. And if I use that version on top of the new install there is no problem.
Only with the new 1.3.29 files.

I have tried before but only got three responses ALL OF WHOM HAD THE SAME PROBLEM.
There MUST be a wizard out there who knows why this happens and what can be done about it.

OmManiPemeHung
Many Greetings Viele Gruesse Mange Hilsener
Lodrö Sangpo Joergen Larsen
www.nimmersoft.com www.nimmersoft.dk
Karmapa Chenno
OmManiPemeHung

Re: [users@httpd] [warn] (2)No such file or directory: exec() may not be safe

Posted by Robert Andersson <ro...@profundis.nu>.
Lodrö Sangpo Joergen Larsen wrote:
> I recently downloaded and installed the newest version
> Apache 1.3.29. I am using windows98.
> After start-up a bunch of messages can be seen in the console window.
> The error messages on launch:
> [warn] (2)No such file or directory: exec() may not be safe

If therre is no particular reason you *need* to use 1.3, do try 2.0.48
instead. It is much more stable than 1.3 on Windows.

> There MUST be a wizard out there who knows why this happens
> and what can be done about it.

Not too many wizards use Windows 98.

Regards,
Robert Andersson