Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Arun Katkere <ka...@praja.com> on 2000/08/08 21:41:29 UTC

Javac and Javadoc

As with many others, our source directory contains more files than we
usually include in the build. With javac, we can specify a subset of files
of files to compile with a combination of includes (**/*.java) and excludes
(exclude what you don't want). When you run the same thing through javadoc
task, all files that were excludes from javac and hence not compiled show up
in documentation.

Shouldn't javadoc task be smart enough to only process files that we
compiled? Is there any way to do it with existing javadoc task?

-arun