Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by de...@struts.apache.org on 2004/06/23 05:32:01 UTC

[Apache Struts Wiki] New: HowToReadAnXMLFileForEachUserRequest

   Date: 2004-06-22T20:32:01
   Editor: ManCha <ma...@hotmail.com>
   Wiki: Apache Struts Wiki
   Page: HowToReadAnXMLFileForEachUserRequest

   no comment

New Page:

Describe HowToReadAnXMLFileForEachUserRequest here.

I want to read a a large XML config file for each request that comes to the ActionServlet. The system we have now is we have a customized ActionServlet. And I am instantiating myXmlClass in the process method. And I call a method called myXmlClassObject.getXMLAttributeFor the current Action class.
What is the recommended way to do this.

Currently my code look like this

//MyActionServlet.java

init()
{
//perform initialization()
super.init()
}

process()
{
//do stuff
instantiate myXmlClass (which has a _saxparser.parse() method)

myXmlClassObject.getMyAttribute()//some data base calls underneath it for some logging stuff
//do stuff
}
}

Should I make a static object of myXmlClass in my actionServlet.
Should I put myXmlClass into session, and check for each request whether this object exists in session, if not create it.