Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martin U <uf...@googlemail.com> on 2010/03/30 12:11:54 UTC

Catch Wicket.Error with FireBug

Hi Folks,

have everyone of you any experience in catching the wicket-ajax and
js-errors with the Firebug?

Easily we just need to overwrite WicketAjaxDebug.logError... but how?

Thanks for any advice!

Re: Catch Wicket.Error with FireBug

Posted by MattyDE <uf...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Perdro!

This works very nice (if u using jQuery):

<script type="text/javascript">
   $(document).ready( function(){
     WicketAjaxDebug.originalLogError = WicketAjaxDebug.logError;
     WicketAjaxDebug.logError =

function(msg){WicketAjaxDebug.originalLogError(msg);console.error("Wicket: "
+ msg);};
   });

</script>

Posted by Pedro Santos <pe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Funk <ma...@googlemail.com>.
you mentioned FireBug

How about setting a breaktpoint in 'wicket-ajax-debug.js' ?
Or if recompiling the framework is an option, the logging could be modified
in that file.
wicket/src/main/java/org/apache/wicket/ajax/wicket-ajax-debug.js

mf

Posted by MattyDE <uf...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Funk <ma...@googlemail.com>.