Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Pratt <pr...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/13 17:52:25 UTC

Tomcat to syslog

Hi all,

Have a vanilla tomcat & coherence instance logging to local files--
CATALINA_BASE/logs and CACHE/logs.  I am implementing a central
logserver and want to get these into the syslog.

I tried:  tail -f [file log] | logger -p local#.info

but this resulted in each wrapped line occurring as a new syslog
message.

The tomcat and coherence events are rather long and can include stack
traces.  I want to keep the entirety of their events as a single message
event in syslog.

Has anyone got tomcat logging to syslog correctly?  Thanks in advance.

Chris

Re: Tomcat to syslog

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
you already posted this once