Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2006/09/01 12:17:51 UTC

Re: Property replacement in spring config files

Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Good question. Never used "plain" Spring that way, but
> Cocoon-Spring-Integration ;-) and I loved being able to do it. That way I
> was able to have "Mock"-Beans for mode=dev (speed), "Local"-Beans for
> mode=test (functional), and "Prod"-Beans for mode=prod (live) just with a
> set of properties no need to change/filter any config file.

Ah, ok - hmm, so the question is if we want to support this. The current
implementation has the advantage the most of the work is done by Spring
whereas with the old version we had to do everything ourselves.

Though I see your use case I would prefer going the "spring way" :)

Carsten

http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/