Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by simafengyun1984 <yi...@citi.com> on 2014/01/14 15:01:53 UTC

issue about karaf cellar cluster

Hi JB,

I have an issue about karaf cluster.
I used karaf 2.3.3 and cellar 2.2.2.
I have 2 nodes, node 1 and node 2.
I put camel and spring related third-party bundles under the deploy folder
of node 1

and put 3 application bundles jar files under the deploy folder of node 2
     demo.camel-bundle-0.1.jar
     demo.service-bundle-0.1.jar
     Gravity-VantageOceanPublisher-1.0_A0.jar
I changed the below config in the file org.apache.karaf.cellar.groups.cfg in
node 2
default.features.blacklist.inbound =
**VantageOceanPublisher**,management,hazelcast,cellar*
default.features.blacklist.outbound =
**VantageOceanPublisher**,management,hazelcast,cellar*

default.bundle.blacklist.inbound = **VantageOceanPublisher**
default.bundle.blacklist.outbound =* *VantageOceanPublisher**

Then I start node 1 and node 2.

when I executed the command "list" bundle in the node 1, I just can see
demo.camel-bundle,

When I executed the command   "bundle-list default"  I can see both
demo.camel-bundle and demo.service-bundle
*why I can't see the bundle demo.service-bundle when I executed command list
?*

Re: issue about karaf cellar cluster

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

Generally speaking the deploy folder is not synchronized by Cellar. You
have to share the artifacts using a repository known on all nodes.

If the artifact location can be accessed on one node, Cellar won't be
able to install the bundle on this node.

I have a Jira to add sync of the deploy folder:

However, I think it's better to use a shared repository (just a
filesystem or http server, or a Karaf Cave server, or a "complete" Maven
repository manager like Apache Archiva or Sonatype Nexus).

Regards
JB

On 01/14/2014 03:01 PM, simafengyun1984 wrote:
> Hi JB,
>
> I have an issue about karaf cluster.
> I used karaf 2.3.3 and cellar 2.2.2.
> I have 2 nodes, node 1 and node 2.
> I put camel and spring related third-party bundles under the deploy folder
> of node 1
>
> and put 3 application bundles jar files under the deploy folder of node 2
>       demo.camel-bundle-0.1.jar
>       demo.service-bundle-0.1.jar
>       Gravity-VantageOceanPublisher-1.0_A0.jar
> I changed the below config in the file org.apache.karaf.cellar.groups.cfg in
> node 2
> default.features.blacklist.inbound =
> **VantageOceanPublisher**,management,hazelcast,cellar*
> default.features.blacklist.outbound =
> **VantageOceanPublisher**,management,hazelcast,cellar*
>
> default.bundle.blacklist.inbound = **VantageOceanPublisher**
> default.bundle.blacklist.outbound =* *VantageOceanPublisher**
>
> Then I start node 1 and node 2.
>
> when I executed the command "list" bundle in the node 1, I just can see
> demo.camel-bundle,
>
> When I executed the command   "bundle-list default"  I can see both
> demo.camel-bundle and demo.service-bundle
> *why I can't see the bundle demo.service-bundle when I executed command list
> ?*

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net