Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/06 16:45:06 UTC

Uber Job!

Hi,

I was going through the definition of Uber Job of Hadoop.

A job is considered uber when it has 10 or less maps , one reducer and the
complete data is less than one dfs block size.

I have some doubts here-

Splits are created as per the dfs block size.Creating 10 mappers are
possible from one block of data by some settings change (changing the max
split size). But trying to understand , why would some job need to run
around 10 maps for 64 MB of data.
One thing may be that the job is immensely CUP intensive. Will it be a
correct assumption? or is there is any other reason for this.

Thanks,
Rahul

Re: Uber Job!

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Excellent point sir

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Uber Job!

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Excellent point sir

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Uber Job!

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Excellent point sir

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Uber Job!

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Excellent point sir

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Uber Job!

Posted by yypvsxf19870706 <yy...@gmail.com>.
Hi

在 2013-5-6,22:45,Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com> 写道:

Re: Uber Job!

Posted by yypvsxf19870706 <yy...@gmail.com>.
Hi

    Suppose that your input file are 10 with total size 64mb , I think you will get the 10 maps.

    By the ways,the uber mode is only for yarn . Suppose you have actually 1 map ,yarn will at least create two containers , one for app master and the other for the map , if uber mode is enabled with the yarn , yarn will only create 1 container for both app master and the map.

�����ҵ� iPhone

Re: Uber Job!

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks I was more interested to know about the use case of uber task

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: Uber Job!

Posted by Rahul Bhattacharjee <ra...@gmail.com>.