Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Bill Werth <BW...@TELTONE.com> on 2004/07/02 18:30:47 UTC

Method parameter names not appearing in WSDL

I've spent a few hours going through the archive and reading the user guide.

I've seen posts about this, but nothing seems to work. When I create the
WSDL from a java file, the method parameters are named In0, In1, In2,
instead of something like UserID, Password, etc.

I have a file named RENS.java in the DataHandlers directory on my Win 2000
PC. I compile it like so:

javac -g DataHandlers/RENS.java

I run Java2WSDL like so:

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o RENS.wsdl -l"
http://localhost:8080/axis/services/DataHandlers
<http://localhost:8080/axis/services/DataHandlers> " -n urn:DataHandlers
-p"DataHandlers" urn:DataHandlers DataHandlers.RENS

A method that looks like this:

public int runCampaign(String SessionID, String CampaignName);

generates in the RENS.wsdl something like this:

   <wsdl:message name="stopCampaignRequest">
      <wsdl:part name="in0" type="xsd:string"/>
      <wsdl:part name="in1" type="xsd:string"/>
   </wsdl:message>

I'm running J2SE Version 1.4.1 and Axis 1.1 release on Tomcat 4.1.

Any ideas?

The first time I renamed all of the parameter names by hand, but that is too
much work to repeat more than a few times.

Thanks.