Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Michael Bishop <bi...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/04 17:18:19 UTC

Internet connection while verifying local content?

Can someone shed some light as to why I can't successfully perform certain
functions without an Internet connection?  I'm doing two kinds of
validation.  The first is schema validation.  I use the Digital Signatures
XML Schema that's in the Santuario JAR.  The other is certificate validation
where I validate the certificate against the signed contents.  If the schema
is local, the certificate is local, and the content is local, what is trying
to connect to the Internet and causing a failure?

I can provide more detail (and may have to resort to running up something
like WireShark), but I figured I'd ask here first to see if anyone knew what
to check right off the bat.

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Internet connection while verifying local content?

Posted by Michael Bishop <bi...@gmail.com>.
Excellent idea.  I went with the hosts option.  For those interested, I
found that while I was using the digital signature schema locally, it was
reaching out to the XMLSchema.dtd and datatypes.dtd online.  I made local
copies of those and created a custom EntityResolver.  Everything works fine.

Posted by "Cantor, Scott E." <ca...@osu.edu>.

Posted by Michael Bishop <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Cantor, Scott E." <ca...@osu.edu>.