Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Roberto Greiner <ro...@nead.unesp.br> on 2015/03/10 14:50:12 UTC

File upload failure in Openmeetings 3.0.4

Hi.

I´m having a problem with "File Upload" in Openmeetings 3.0.4. If I
import a PDF file, it works fine. Anything else fails with a long error
screen starting with the following:
key: processSWF
process: generateSwf
command: /usr/local/bin/pdf2swf -s insertstop -s poly2bitmap -i -j 85 -s
zoom=100
/usr/lib/red5/webapps/openmeetings/upload/files/4c18dc41cf94d40f9bc8248625523212/4c18dc41cf94d40f9bc8248625523212.pdf
/usr/lib/red5/webapps/openmeetings/upload/files/4c18dc41cf94d40f9bc8248625523212/4c18dc41cf94d40f9bc8248625523212.swf

exception: null
error: Error: Unknown config file command 'fontFileCC'
(/usr/share/xpdf/xpdfrc-chinese-simplified:8)
Error: Unknown config file command 'fontFileCC'
(/usr/share/xpdf/xpdfrc-chinese-traditional:7)
Error: Unknown config file command 'fontFileCC'
(/usr/share/xpdf/xpdfrc-japanese:8)
Error: Unknown config file command 'fontFile'
(/usr/share/xpdf/xpdfrc-japanese:9)

I tried to upload a file to the command line and reproduce the error,
and got the following

(same messages as above, ending with the following)
Error: May not be a PDF file (continuing anyway)
Error: PDF file is damaged - attempting to reconstruct xref table...
Error: Couldn't find trailer dictionary
Error: Couldn't read xref table
ERROR   Couldn't open my_document.doc

So, it seems to me that Openmeetings is trying to import everything as
if it where pdfs, even files that are not. In this case, it was a
MS-Office file, but other types give the same error, even plain text
files. How do I correct that?

Thanks,

Roberto

PS: install notes:
In my install, I had a 3.0.0-snapshot installed and upgraded it to 3.0.4
following http://openmeetings.apache.org/Upgrade.html. The systems runs
in a Xen VM, uses Debian 7.8, 64bits, fully updated, 2GB RAM and 4 CPUS.

                Marcos Roberto Greiner

   Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
    Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                                  James Branch Cabell

Re: File upload failure in Openmeetings 3.0.4

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
great :)

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Roberto Greiner <ro...@nead.unesp.br>
wrote:

>  Cool.
>
> This command really drowns you in output, but I managed to find the
> problem. In the middle of it, the jodconverter call appeared and failed
> with an exit=1. I ran it in the command line, And got the following error:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: invalid
> officeHome: it doesn't contain soffice.bin: /usr/lib
>         at
> org.artofsolving.jodconverter.office.DefaultOfficeManagerConfiguration.buildOfficeManager(DefaultOfficeManagerConfiguration.java:167)
>         at org.artofsolving.jodconverter.cli.Convert.main(Convert.java:111)
>
> Checking the configs, I found that in my attempts to 'fix' the conversion,
> I had left the office.path variable in the configs filled with '/usr/lib'.
> After I cleared it, the conversion worked.
>
> Tks a lot.
>
> Roberto
>
> On 10/03/2015 12:31, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
>
> This might be due to lack of permission, especially if you running using
> /etc/init.d/ script
> Maybe you can run OM using red5-debug.sh and check the console?
>
> On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 9:26 PM, Roberto Greiner <ro...@nead.unesp.br>
> wrote:
>
>>  Unfortunately, no.
>>
>> When I try the upload, nothing at all appears in the log files.
>>
>> Roberto
>>
>> On 10/03/2015 12:13, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
>>
>> Maybe you have anything useful in openmeetings.log?
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 8:56 PM, Roberto Greiner <ro...@nead.unesp.br>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>  Some progress.
>>>
>>> After your comment about LibreOffice I was checking, and found a severe
>>> error in the documentation. As I commented in my email, I had OpenMeetings
>>> 3.0.0-snapshot, and upgraded to 3.0.4 following
>>> http://openmeetings.apache.org/Upgrade.htm
>>> <http://openmeetings.apache.org/Upgrade.html>. That document says to
>>> delete the red5 folder, and replace it with the new version of
>>> Openmeetings. That folder, of course, does not contain JODConverter, and
>>> there is no mention in the upgrade document about adding it or a least some
>>> link.
>>>
>>> After understanding what was happening, I added the link to jodconverter
>>> with the command 'ln -s /usr/adm/jodconverter-core-3.0-beta-4
>>> jodconverter-core-3.0-beta-4' (in the /usr/lib/red5/webapps/openmeetings
>>> folder). Now, I don't get the error message anymore, but the file is not

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: File upload failure in Openmeetings 3.0.4

Posted by Roberto Greiner <ro...@nead.unesp.br>.
Cool.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: File upload failure in Openmeetings 3.0.4

Posted by Roberto Greiner <ro...@nead.unesp.br>.
Unfortunately, no.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: File upload failure in Openmeetings 3.0.4

Posted by Roberto Greiner <ro...@nead.unesp.br>.
Some progress.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
OK

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: File upload failure in Openmeetings 3.0.4

Posted by Roberto Greiner <ro...@nead.unesp.br>.

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Actually any office file is being converted to PDF using Open/LibreOffice
Then PDF is being converted to SWF.

can you check /usr/lib/red5/webapps/openmeetings/upload/files/
4c18dc41cf94d40f9bc8248625523212/4c18dc41cf94d40f9bc8248625523212.pdf file

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax