Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ralph Einfeldt <ra...@uptime-isc.de> on 2002/08/09 12:28:25 UTC

AW: Is it possible to include via a directive snippets into the server.xml file

AFAIK tomcat 4.1 has something like that. (Can't
find the pointer to that, but there was a post from
Craig about that a while ago in this list)

If you have to use 4.0 you could use a preprocessor
and an shellscript that create server.xml from seperate
files from the two teams:

E.g.:

conf/server.xml.m4:
  <!-- Everything before the contexts from the
       infrastructure team
   -->

  include('conf/context.xml')
  <!-- Everything after the contexts from the
       infrastructure team
  -->

conf/context.xml
  <!-- Everything from the development -->

bin/htstart:
  #!/bin/sh
  JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/java/jdk1.3.1
  CATALINA_HOME=/usr/local/java/jakarta-tomcat-4.0.3
  CATALINA_BASE=/www/develop/www.tomcat.de

  export JAVA_HOME CATALINA_HOME CATALINA_BASE

  cd ${CATALINA_BASE}
  m4 conf/server.xml.m4 > conf/server.xml

  ${CATALINA_HOME}/bin/startup.sh