Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gl...@verizon.net> on 2007/12/01 00:23:35 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] Migrate Project Yoko from Incubator to Geronimo / CXF

Just to make sure I understand this correctly, when you mean "corba
binding", you mean another transport, just like HTTP or JMS, correct?

Thanks,
Glen

Posted by Ulhas Bhole <ul...@iona.com>.
Not necessarily, We can pickup the ORB component for test dependency on
other apache project where it will go from yoko.

-- Ulhas Bhole

James Mao wrote:
> But we should also do the interop test as well if we migrate it from
> YOKO, right?
> With Orbix?
>
> James
>
>> Well, by CORBA, I really mean IIOP, but that's a detail.
>>
>> Basically, it's a combination binding (like soap) + transport (http)
>> where the JAXB (for example) objects get mashalled down to corba
>> streamables (instead of soap) and send on the wire via the IIOP stuff.
>> The tooling is basically tools to do things like:
>> idl -> wsdl
>> wsdl -> idl
>> wsdl -> "wsdl with corba binding defined"
>> etc...
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> On Friday 30 November 2007, Glen Mazza wrote:
>>
>>> Just to make sure I understand this correctly, when you mean "corba
>>> binding", you mean another transport, just like HTTP or JMS, correct?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Glen

Registered Number: 171387

Re: [PROPOSAL] Migrate Project Yoko from Incubator to Geronimo / CXF

Posted by James Mao <ja...@iona.com>.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
J. Daniel Kulp