Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Luigi Paioro <lu...@lambrate.inaf.it> on 2006/06/16 13:22:48 UTC

Comparing tags and trunk dir

Hello!

I need to compare an old tag copy of my application with the current
trunk revision, in order to have a list of files changed. In other words
I need to know the difference from a tagged release and the current one.
How can I do?

Thank you in advance.

Luigi

RE: Comparing tags and trunk dir

Posted by Moshe Gurvich <mo...@varien.com>.
Meanwhile you can use:

svn diff tag-url trunk-url | grep "^Index: "

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Posted by Luigi Paioro <lu...@lambrate.inaf.it>.
Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear...

The command

svn diff tag-url trunk-url

prints out all the differences between all the files in tag-url and
trunk-url. This is too much for me... I only need a list of files
changed, but I don't care about the changes themselves.

This question could be trivial too, but I don't know how to do it.
Anyway I've found a work around: I look what release number was the
tagged copy, then I switch my working copy to it, and so I can verify
the status...

Thanks.

Luigi

Posted by Andreas Pakulat <ap...@gmx.de>.
On 16.06.06 15:22:48, Luigi Paioro wrote:
> I need to compare an old tag copy of my application with the current trunk
> revision, in order to have a list of files changed. In other words I need to
> know the difference from a tagged release and the current one. How can I do?

svn diff tag-url trunk-url

will show all differences between the "head" revisions of both urls.

--
You will be run over by a bus.