Posted to users@sling.apache.org by "Jeffrey W. Pearson" <jp...@headwire.com> on 2012/08/25 02:48:31 UTC

Re: ESPBlog Sample - reference error

Greetings.

I'm a relatively new Sling user. I am exploring the sample applications
and finding an issue with the espblog application. After initial
installation, I kept getting the "ReferenceError: "currentNode" is not
defined." error when I go the the url described in the readme file
(http://localhost:8080/content/espblog/*.html --- also found the mailing
post to use http://localhost:8080/content/espblog.html instead of the
url listed in the README....). Searching the mailing lists I found the
posts
(http://dev.day.com/discussion-groups/content/lists/sling-users/2010-05/2010-05-27_ESPBlog_Sample__reference_error_Alison_Heimoz.html)
about the issue. However, it also says it was resolved quite a while ago.

To verify that this was the cause, using the jcr explorer I created the
espblog node under the content node and added the title property. Once
that was done, everything was happy.

I tried rechecking out the source code from the apache svn repository
and redeploying the app with the same results.

I have also quadruple-checked by removing the espblog node under the
content node. With that node (with the title property) missing, the
issue comes back. Re-adding both the node and the title property makes
it all happy again.

Certainly would not rule out it's a pilot error thing but wondering if I
missed something or does this issue actually still exist?

--
Jeffrey W. Pearson
Software Engineer

Headwire.com
714.728.5895
jwp@headwire.com

Re: ESPBlog Sample - reference error

Posted by "Jeffrey W. Pearson" <jp...@headwire.com>.
Bertrand,

Thank you for responding to this. I checked it out again and have
verified this issue has gone away.

Thank you again.

Jeffrey W. Pearson
Software Engineer