Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2009/01/05 01:10:01 UTC

myid....

This wasn't clear in the documentation..... but the admin needs to create
the myid file, correct?
Couldn't this happen on init if we use IP addresses and we note that it's a
new zk server?

Kevin

--
Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: myid....

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I apologize, you're right. I've written a script that creates it
automatically a while ago and I've been using variations of this
script since then. I also found a line on it at:

http://hadoop.apache.org/zookeeper/docs/r3.0.1/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkMulitServerSetup

-Flavio

Re: myid....

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@yahoo-inc.com>.
You are right Kevin. The myid file is required for creation. I think we had
it well documented. Ill check and see if its not documented well enough and
open a jira in case its not.

mahadev

Re: myid....

Posted by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com>.