Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> on 2006/06/26 17:20:02 UTC

Re: svn commit: r417203 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/rewrite: flags.html flags.html.en flags.xml flags.xml.meta

Looks good.  A few nitpicks below.

On 6/26/06, rbowen@apache.org <rb...@apache.org> wrote:
> +<p>The [C] or [chain] flag indicates that the <directive
> +module="mod_rewrite">RewriteRule</directive> is chained to the next
> +rule. That is, if the rule matches, then it is processed as usual and
> +control moves on to the next rule. However, if it does not match, then
> +the next rule, and any other ruls that are chained together, will be
> +skipped.</p>

Missing an "e" on ruls.  I would also make this a touch more precise
by saying: "If it does not match, then the next rule will be skipped.
The chain can be extended to multiple consecutive rules, with the
first non-matching rule causing the entire remaining chain to be
skipped."

> +<p>With the [E], or [env] flag, you can set the value of an environment
> +variable. Note that some variables may be set after the rule is run, and
> +so setting them in the <directive
> +module="mod_rewrite">RewriteRule</directive> won't work, since it will
> +be changed afterwards.</p>

I don't think that is very precise.  I had to read it a few times to
understand you are talking about variables being overriden before
being passed to CGI scripts.  I suggest simply linking to the env.html
doc, which explains this more explicitly.

Joshua.

mod_rewrite docs

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.