Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Frizz <fr...@googlemail.com> on 2014/07/01 15:41:15 UTC

[Studio] strange behaviour with multi-valued RDN

Hi,

I have tried multiple versions of Apache Directory Studio - and there seems
to be a problem with multi-valued RDNs.

For example I have entries like this in my LDAP (OpenDS):

DN: myAttribute1=val1 + myAttribute2=val2 + myAttribute3=val3, OU=example,
DC=test

Note: I don't have a CN here, the RDN is solely defined by custom defined
classes myAttribute1, myAttribute2 and myAttribute3.

In Apache Directory Studio, in the "LDAP Browser" window, I can not expand
DNs like the one mentioned above. When I click on it and try to expand it,
the whole tree collapses + re-opens again, showing "ou=example (1+)".

There's no way to show details / contents of such a DN.

Is this a know bug?

cheers,
Frizz

Re: [Studio] strange behaviour with multi-valued RDN

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 01/07/2014 15:41, Frizz a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have tried multiple versions of Apache Directory Studio - and there seems
> to be a problem with multi-valued RDNs.
>
> For example I have entries like this in my LDAP (OpenDS):
>
> DN: myAttribute1=val1 + myAttribute2=val2 + myAttribute3=val3, OU=example,
> DC=test
>
> Note: I don't have a CN here, the RDN is solely defined by custom defined
> classes myAttribute1, myAttribute2 and myAttribute3.
>
> In Apache Directory Studio, in the "LDAP Browser" window, I can not expand
> DNs like the one mentioned above. When I click on it and try to expand it,
> the whole tree collapses + re-opens again, showing "ou=example (1+)".
>
> There's no way to show details / contents of such a DN.
>
> Is this a know bug?

Nope. I suggest you create a JIRA for tghis one.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated !