Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Glenn Williams <in...@tinylion.co.uk> on 2012/07/02 19:18:53 UTC

trunk build and FlashBuilder

Quick question from me, and im sorry if this has been covered, Ive been
SNOWed under with work so haven't been able to put in as much time as Ive
wanted to

When I do a build from downloaded trunk, should the result be able to be
excepted by flash builder when trying to add a new SDK?

The build went fine with no problems

The only thing I had to think about when following the README was about both
player-debug location and CS5 extension manager

I wasn't sure from the wording if I should have set the environment variable
to the path including the exe file name or just the folders path.

A small point I know but it made me stop and think.

Anyway, build was fine, but flashbuilder couldn't then add the resultant
build as a new sdk

Sorry if this is already expected behaviour.

Thanks

Glenn
Tinylion uk

Re: trunk build and FlashBuilder

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Patched and pull request submitted, hopefully Om can apply soon.

If you want to modify it yourself just remove the 2 calls to validApacheSDK(flexPath).

Sorry,
Justin

Re: trunk build and FlashBuilder

Posted by Roland Zwaga <ro...@stackandheap.com>.

> Actually no I'm the idiot. I had assumed (for some unknown reason) it was
> packing up an existing SDK and didn't download download it.

Aha, this is good news ;) Well, for me, that is. ;) Let me know when you've
fixed it, I'll be happy to try again.

Roland

Re: trunk build and FlashBuilder

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> Aha so I am an idiot... I thought the application also downloaded the
> SDK... I thought it was like a one-click type of deal.
Actually no I'm the idiot. I had assumed (for some unknown reason) it was packing up an existing SDK and didn't download download it.

I'll need to fix and patch that right away.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: trunk build and FlashBuilder

Posted by Roland Zwaga <ro...@stackandheap.com>.

> You are selecting a directory that has the SDK in it?
>
> The last patch I added checks for:
> 1) Existence of flex-sdk-description.xml the directory you select. See
> method validApacheSDK.
> 2) That playerglobal.swc doesn't exist ie the SDK has already been
> packaged. See method SDKNotPackaged.
>
> Does that help? It could possibly give better error messages in both case
> rather than just "invalid directory".

Aha so I am an idiot... I thought the application also downloaded the
SDK... I thought it was like a one-click type of deal.
So, if I understand correctly, I need to manually download the SDKm copy it
into some directory and then run this app
on that directory?

Indeed, the UI could be slightly more informative about this ;)

cheers,

Roland

Re: trunk build and FlashBuilder

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Roland Zwaga <ro...@stackandheap.com>.
I am having a very weird problem with MakeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder. I pull
the latest from the master, run the ant script
to build the installer. All works perfectly. I then install the application
and run it as administrator (I'm on WIndows 7, 64 bit, by the way).
The app starts with no problems, but I can't seem to select an installation
directory, whenever I click the 'Browse' button and I navigate
to a directory (anywhere, I tried all sorts) the target directory isn't
being copied into the textinput in the main screen.
I even tried copy/pasting a directory in it, which works, but the
validation then insists its an invalid directory.

I'm probably doing something extremely and fundamentally simple wrong
here... Please help...

cheers,

Roland

RE: trunk build and FlashBuilder

Posted by Glenn Williams <in...@tinylion.co.uk>.
Thanks.

Downloaded the MakeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder (lol can I just call it ApFx2Fb
for now)

Anyway, ran that post build and without and problems the SDK is now  found
by FlashBuilder

Ive just Pressed 'Clean All' on the project we've worked on for last 18
months, and if you wait a moment I'll tell you how it goes....(building
workspace....)

Back again.

All went fine. App and Libs all compiled. Im running the app now and all is
fine so far.

Well done people.

Glenn

Glenn Williams

tinylion development & design.

http://www.justgiving.com/christine-williams2

As you may know my brother was diagnosed with Motor Neuron Disease last
year.

Please if you have time, Visit this link to help use fund rising. Thanks.
Glenn

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.
Thanks for the feedback.  I know Alex, Carol, Justin and the rest have been
putting in a LOT of time with all of this.

We will be posting a 1,000 ft view of what's changed with the project in
the last month on the website (last month's is still up there; we are
currently writing this month's update).  Also, you can make sure to
subscribe to the "Spoon Revue" newsletter where we highlight those changes
as well.

-Nick

Posted by Nicholas Kwiatkowski <ni...@spoon.as>.