Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ben Laurie <be...@gonzo.ben.algroup.co.uk> on 1997/03/14 16:12:12 UTC

Apache-SSL France

I've been approached by someone who is trying to get Apache-SSL approved for
use in France. He would like to call it "Apache-SSL France". What do people
think?

Cheers,

Ben.

Re: Apache-SSL France

Posted by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com>.
On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Ben Laurie wrote:

> I've been approached by someone who is trying to get Apache-SSL approved for
> use in France. He would like to call it "Apache-SSL France". What do people
> think?

If we're talking User-Agents, shouldn't it be

Apache/1.2 SSL-France/1.0    or vice-versa ?

If we're talking about the project name, I'm happy if it's free and
keeps in sync with the main sources. If it's a commercial spinoff then
it shouldn't borrow our name.