Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2006/10/13 14:13:09 UTC

ApacheCon US

Patrick,

how did the FOP talk go? Anyone else at ApacheCon right now?

Jeremias Maerki

Re: ApacheCon US

Posted by Patrick Paul <pp...@yahoo.ca>.
Hi Jeremias and everyone,

I did the presentation on Apache FOP Thursday morning. All went well, I
had about 20 people in a regular size room. People were interested in
the presentation overall, but what they were most interested in is the
entire tool chain from XML to PDF. When I showed them an example of some
work I have done using Docbook XML and output it in customized XHTML and
PDF there eyes widened. That really spiked their interest !

Little anecdote, I highly recommended Definitive XSL-FO and a person
actually bought it online during the presentation. Wow !

I've seen Carsten Ziegeler from Cocoon, and met with Ferdinand Soethe
from the Apache Forrest project.

I found ApacheCon to be very well organized in general. The weather here
in Austin is great. I'll be heading back to Montreal this afternoon.

Regards to all,

Patrick Paul

http://mail.yahoo.com