Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Helen Johnson <he...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/25 18:32:27 UTC

cpeGui changes not reflected in the gui window

Hello uima-users,

Upon running a uima project (via ant)
I am getting an error that says one of my CCs (named IPSOutput_CC) cannot be
found.
The problem with this error is that that particular CC does not appear my
CPE.
I am viewing the CPE by running the cpeGUI.sh script from a bash prompt.
This CC used to be part of the CPE: but i made some substantial changes to
the CPE, removing many components
including this IPSOutput_CC, and saved this new CPE under a new name.

If i close and reopen the CPE using the cpeGUI.sh script,
I find that in fact the IPSOutput_CC component is still in place,
even though i deleted it and it appeared gone from the CPE.

Perhaps related to this problem is some odd behavior of the CPE viewer gui
that when I chose File-->Clear All:
sometimes one or more of the components will not actually clear themselves
from the gui window.
If i then save the CPE and reopen it, I find that the components that had
been asked to "clear"
are in fact gone from the CPE.

Has anyone else run into this CPE GUI not updating properly type of problem?

System information:
MacBook OSX 1.5.2 Leopard
Intel Core Duo
java version "1.5.0_13"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_13-b05-237)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_13-119, mixed mode, sharing)

Thank you,
helen.

--
Helen L. Johnson
Sr. Professional Research Assistant

Re: cpeGui changes not reflected in the gui window

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
There's been essentially no work on anything CPM-related for a long time;
our efforts have been toward replacing the CPM with a new scalability
framework called UIMA AS. A first official release of UIMA AS, also with
version 2.2.2, is almost out.

Eddie

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.
On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Helen Johnson <he...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got UIMA-2.2.2.
> -helen.

Okay, please open a JIRA issue.  The best thing would be if you can
attach a test case (a CPE descriptor that exhibits the problem).

  -Adam

Re: cpeGui changes not reflected in the gui window

Posted by Helen Johnson <he...@gmail.com>.
I've got UIMA-2.2.2.
-helen.

Posted by Adam Lally <al...@alum.rpi.edu>.