Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Ben Bookey <be...@gistec-online.de> on 2004/08/03 22:59:15 UTC

Please Help. I cant find the xercesImppl

Dear List,

I am drowning in a dangerous sea of xml and Java ! (and I cant swim!)

Please can confirm if my understanding is correct. The Java SDK 1.4 contains
the jaxp package, which contains default parsers (crimson 1.1.3 at the
moment! and xalan for xslt processing)

By obtaining a new instance of a DocumentBuilderFactory, this method creates
a new factory instance.  Assuming no plugin is specified, and nothing is
specified in the system.properties (jaxp.properties) then crimson or xalan
will
be used.

Am i right?

Ben

Re: Please Help. I cant find the xercesImppl

Posted by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Ben Bookey <be...@gistec-online.de> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I am drowning in a dangerous sea of xml and Java !
> (and I cant swim!)

Sie haben vergessen, die Haifische zu erwaehnen.  ;)

> Please can confirm if my understanding is correct.
> The Java SDK 1.4 contains
> the jaxp package, which contains default parsers
> (crimson 1.1.3 at the
> moment! and xalan for xslt processing)
>
> By obtaining a new instance of a
> DocumentBuilderFactory, this method creates
> a new factory instance.  Assuming no plugin is
> specified, and nothing is
> specified in the system.properties (jaxp.properties)
> then crimson or xalan
> will
> be used.
>
> Am i right?

Probably, [1] gives you the official rules:

[1]
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/standards/

Here's some examples [2] of using JAXP (with FOP, in
these cases), and helpful reading on XML/Java in
general [3]:

[2]
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/examples/embedding/java/embedding/

[3]