Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Niemaz <Mi...@xrce.xerox.com> on 2004/11/25 10:47:05 UTC

is maven.xdoc.distributionUrl working?

Hi,
    No matter what I affect to maven.xdoc.distributionUrl, the download
    page is always empty. It only gets something when I play with <versions>
    but then it only links to jar files ;-(
    Do you know how to generate this download page which would list
    the files contained in maven.xdoc.distributionUrl for download?
    In fact, I would like to produce exactly what's on the maven download
    page. Automatically of course ;-)

Thanx,

--mike

RE: is maven.xdoc.distributionUrl working?

Posted by Charles Daniels <cj...@yahoo.com>.

That is precisely how things are supposed to work with
maven.xdoc.distributionUrl.  If you want to produce a download page
similar to the Maven download page, then you must create your own
download.xml file.  This is exactly what is done in the Maven project
itself.  See the Maven CVS repository (xdocs/start/download.xml):
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/maven/xdocs/start/.