Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Maria Tan <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/30 00:33:44 UTC

getHeader("Referer") and document location

Hi, All:

I have two servlets.

In my first servlet,I use the
document.location="SecondServlet" in my Java script
for URL Rewriting,

In my second servlet, i use getHeader("Referer") to
get the referer. It works well in Netscape, but in
IE(5.5),it always returns null.

String ref = (String)request.getHeader("Referer");
(ref returns null in IE, return URL in Netscape).

Any suggestion? If IE didn't pass the Referer through
Java script, is there another way to work around?

Thanks

Maria