Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Lamkhede, Sudarshan (Cognizant)" <LS...@pun.cognizant.com> on 2003/05/12 13:27:28 UTC

How to supress Axis logging?

Hi,
In short I don't want Axis to log anything. How to configure Axis for this?

Here is the complete description of the problem:-

I am my application on Websphere Single Server Advanced Edition. The application uses a centralized logging system based on
log4j. I have deployed my webservices on the same application using Apache Axis. Now the problem is Axis also uses the same logging
system by default. I want to turn Axis logging of by configuring axis to use NoOpLog. I tried doing this bu specifying a system property
 org.apache.commons.logging.Log as org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog *AND* by putting a commons-logging.properties file in
the WEB-INF\classes of the application. The property file contents are--

#org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl

#org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger

#org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JCategoryLog

#org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogKitLogger

org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.NoOpLog

But still I can see Axis messages in the logs.

How can I supress the excessive logging taking place without removing log4j from the classapth?

Regards,
Sudarshan