Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Rabi Lahiri <ra...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/26 03:57:25 UTC

outputting additional data from new sampler

Hi all,
I have a sampler subclassed from HTTPSampler which we're using to send
data to our service.  We have a field in this data that we'd like to
be able to output in the results.jtl file, but I'm having trouble
figuring out how to do it cleanly.  I was able to achieve the correct
result by modifying classes SaveService, SaveServiceConstants, and
SampleResult (just adding a few lines of code to each to include our
data in the results object and handle it appropriately).  Now I'd like
to get it working with subclassed components instead of modified code
from the original jmeter distribution.  One immediate problem is that
SaveService is a final class, but there are other problems with trying
to extend the other classes as well.  I imagine this is a problem that
has occurred before with derived samplers...what is the best way to
deal with it?

much thanks,
Rabi Lahiri

Re: outputting additional data from new sampler

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
[This is really a developer query, so cc-ing that mailing list]

Though you might need to make changes elsewhere to support CSV output.

S.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
I'm not sure what changes you'd have to make to SaveService to enable
saving the result object.  The HTTPSampler returns a subclass of
SampleResult - HTTPSampleResult.  In order to save that, a converter
exists specially to do so - HTTPResultConverter, which extends
SampleResultConverter.  You should be able to do the same with your
subclass.

-Mike

On Thu, 2005-08-25 at 18:57 -0700, Rabi Lahiri wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a sampler subclassed from HTTPSampler which we're using to send
> data to our service.  We have a field in this data that we'd like to
> be able to output in the results.jtl file, but I'm having trouble
> figuring out how to do it cleanly.  I was able to achieve the correct
> result by modifying classes SaveService, SaveServiceConstants, and
> SampleResult (just adding a few lines of code to each to include our
> data in the results object and handle it appropriately).  Now I'd like
> to get it working with subclassed components instead of modified code
> from the original jmeter distribution.  One immediate problem is that
> SaveService is a final class, but there are other problems with trying
> to extend the other classes as well.  I imagine this is a problem that
> has occurred before with derived samplers...what is the best way to
> deal with it?
>
> much thanks,
> Rabi Lahiri

Michael Stover