Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by admin <ko...@naisp.net> on 2002/07/29 07:23:46 UTC

favicon help

Can someone point me to where i can learn how to setup
the favicon.ico for my website, using apache 1.3.26
on windows 2k pro?

<***** http://www.myispnet.net *****>
       Administrator
       My ISP Network
MSN Messenger= myispnet@hotmail.com
<***** http://www.kompukit.com *****>

Re: favicon help

Posted by "Matus \"fantomas\" Uhlar" <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
-> Can someone point me to where i can learn how to setup
-> the favicon.ico for my website, using apache 1.3.26
-> on windows 2k pro?

it has to be 16x16, 16/256 colors bitmap
put it into webserver document root
also I recomment putting following code into html pages, ead section:

<LINK REL="SHURTCUT ICON" HREF="/favicon.ico">

--
 Matus "fantomas" Uhlar, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
 (R)etry, (A)bort, (C)ancer

RE: favicon help

Posted by Koen Vingerhoets <ko...@ubench.com>.
Hi,

you just need to drop it in your htdocs folder, if you didn't change any
icon options in apache.  I guess you can set up an alias as well.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Koen Vingerhoets

***** UBench nv *****
http://www.ubench.com
The information contained in this electronic mail message is privileged and
confidential,
and is intended only for use of the addressee. If you are not the intended
recipient, you
are hereby notified that any disclosure,reproduction, distribution or other
use of this
communication is strictly prohibited.

by reply
transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.