Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Frederico Andrade Ramos <fr...@auster.com.br> on 2006/02/03 13:04:17 UTC

Portal from scratch

Hi,

I´m trying Jetspeed2 to became the web framework for my company´s
applications, but since I am new to it I got stuck in a problem all of
you might have already faced.

I downloaded the demos and all work just fine. Then I downloaded the
source code, build the Jetspeed.war and the examples wars, deployed in
my tomcat (5.5.12) and again, all went OK. The third and last step I
planned, before starting some real development, was to build a portal of
my own from scratch.

For that, I used the maven plugin and follow the instructions in the
docs. I had some minor errors and problems, since the docs. were not
THAT accurate (and complete), but I managed it quite easly. Now, I stuck
in an exception that I cannot find references in the forums previous
messages or anywhere else in the internet. I start tomcat, deploy my
portal WAR file, but tomcat keeps responding "The requested resource
(/my-portal/) is not available."

If I check the webapps dir. its there, deployed as expected. Not even
the JSPs I added (like my-portal/login.jsp) are handled. It always

Does anyone knows, or have any clue, from where should I start to make
this work out ?

Thanx
Frederico.

Frederico Andrade Ramos
Auster Solutions do Brasil
Office: +55.11.5096.2277
Mobile: +55.11.9141.0712
www.auster.com.br

RES: Portal from scratch

Posted by Frederico Andrade Ramos <fr...@auster.com.br>.
Hello all,

I just found out the problem.

After a good night´s  sleep, I track down a diff. from the tomcat +
jetspeed.WAR enviroment  to tomcat + myportal.WAR.  But it was not
inside webapps dir., as I was erroneously looking at. The demo
environment had a shared dir. , under tomcat root. In this dir. are the
following jars:

* jetspeed-api
* jetspeed-commons
* pluto
* portal-bridges-commons
* porltlet-api

which are needed to initialize Jetspeed servlets.

I was so sure the problem had to be in my web.app file that I completely
forgot to look at tomcat log files.... After I copy the share dir, all
work as expected.

Bye,
Frederico.

Frederico Andrade Ramos