Posted to community@apache.org by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org> on 2002/10/27 03:25:51 UTC

list intent and purpose via community-info cmd ezmlm

We really should use the community-info<at>apache.org
response from ezmlm to show the intent of the "community"
list. This should go out with the Welcome message and
be thereafter available via the ezmlm commands.

This is the response that i get from the listname-info
and listname-faq commands of every list that i tried.
 "No information has been provided for this list."

Perhaps that purpose should have been well-defined
before the call to vote on whether "community" list be
open or closed.

If the list ends up being wide-open, then we will
certainly need a clear statement of intent, otherwise
we end up with way too much babble.

I know that there are various tidbits on scattered
webpages that give very brief explanation of some
of the lists. This needs to be drawn together and
further detail added for each.

The "-info" commands could provide a precis, then
provide the URL for further info.
--David

Re: list intent and purpose via community-info cmd ezmlm

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
David Crossley wrote:

> We really should use the community-info<at>apache.org
> response from ezmlm to show the intent of the "community"
> list. This should go out with the Welcome message and
> be thereafter available via the ezmlm commands.

well, as soon as we revise it according to consensus, since
apparently not everyone is happy with the cause for which
it was created :-(, i'll do that.

of course, we have all had experience with how often people
actually *read* those little auto-messages from the mlm. <laugh />
but covering it is an excellent idea.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"