Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jérôme Verstrynge <jv...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/02 22:57:59 UTC

HBase client side configuration example?

Hi,

I have managed to successfully install HBase on a remote linux node
(using Cloudera's CDH3). The next step is to implement a small Java
application to connect to it. I have tried to find some documentation to
configure HBaseConfiguration, but I could not find proper examples for
hbase-site.xml and hbase-default.xml. Does anyone have any to share?

Thanks,

JVerstry

RE: HBase client side configuration example?

Posted by Peter Haidinyak <ph...@local.com>.
I connect to HBase from Java using the following

    final Configuration configuration = HBaseConfiguration.create();
    configuration.clear();

    configuration.set("hbase.zookeeper.quorum", "caiss01a,caiss01b"));  // - Our two zookeeper machines
    configuration.set("hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort", "2222"));  // - Port they are listening on.

    m_logger.info("Opening myTable Tables");
    m_myTable = new HTable(configuration, "myTable");

Hope it helps

-Pete

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
You should be able to find them under remote linux node's $HBASE_HOME/conf