Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Krzysztof Wilkos <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/25 00:35:12 UTC

SOAP/TCP server-side

We've got working client for SOAP over TCP protocol. It was tested
with .Net service. It still needs some improvments and more
documentation but my second task for GSoC is writting server side so I
have to hurry up.
I need a piece of advice about SOAP/TCP server side design. I'm
thinking about using MINA together with CXF inside Spring. In
architecture guide there's just few words about destinations.  I know
that I have to write DestinationFactory and Destination classes. Are
there any other nessesary classes? How I have to register my
DestinationFactory so that it would be avaiable from
DestinationFactoryManager?

--
Krzysztof Wilkos

Re: SOAP/TCP server-side

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Sun August 2 2009 10:12:36 am Krzysztof Wilkos wrote:
> 2009/7/27 Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>:
> We didn't decided which MINA version we will use. 2.x branch has new
> features and performance improvements but still there are no stable
> realease. There are API differences between 1.x and 2.x branch so if
> we choose 1.x we will have more work in the future. I hope that they
> provide stable MINA 2.0.0 before we release CXF with SOAP/TCP so I
> started with 2.0.0-M6 but I can still switch to 1.x if you want.

Going with 2.0.0-M6 is fine.  It's available in central which is fine for me.
When 2.0.0 is actually released, it should be easier to update to it if we're
at least close.

On a related note, if I get some time this week, I'll probably dig into the
client side a bit to help out getting the stateful fastinfoset stuff working.
That's where the major win is going to be.   :-)       Now that you have the
basic protocol working, I think hooking it up should be pretty straight
forward.   That will definitely give me the opportunity to dig into your code
more and "learn" it.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org