Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "W. S. Wellington" <w....@comcast.net> on 2005/11/29 18:05:10 UTC

Installing SpamAssassin on OS X 10.3.9 Server

Hi
	I have been trying to install SA on an OS X 10.3.9 Server using CPAN.

I am following instructions from http://developer.apple.com/server/
fighting_spam.html

In CPAN I have typed
	install Mail::SpamAssassin

It goes through a bunch of things, and then asks me for the
psotmaster address, which I give it, and then gets hung up on
Digest::SHA1, claiming that I do not have the current version.

I try to install Digest::SHA1 in CPAN but it claims that my version
is up to date.

 From a couple of google searches it seems that some folks who were
trying to install SA on FreeBSD had a similar issue, but I don't see
any solution.

I am at a loss as to where to go from here.  Any Ideas??

Below is the output of my attempt to install SA

Thanks...  Bill Wellington

Re: Installing SpamAssassin on OS X 10.3.9 Server

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 09:05 AM 11/29/2005, you wrote:
>Hi
>         I have been trying to install SA on an OS X 10.3.9 Server using CPAN.
>
>I am following instructions from http://developer.apple.com/server/
>fighting_spam.html

I have SA running on my OS/X box (10.4). From what I recall, I
compiled from source, so that may be worth trying.

Evan