Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Mark Hamstra <ma...@clearstorydata.com> on 2014/07/09 23:36:43 UTC

ExecutorState.LOADING?

Doesn't look to me like this is used.  Does anybody recall what it was
intended for?

Re: ExecutorState.LOADING?

Posted by Aaron Davidson <il...@gmail.com>.
Agreed that the behavior of the Master killing off an Application when
Executors from the same set of nodes repeatedly die is silly. This can also
strike if a single node enters a state where any Executor created on it
quickly dies (e.g., a block device becomes faulty). This prevents the
Application from launching despite only one node being bad.

Re: ExecutorState.LOADING?

Posted by Mark Hamstra <ma...@clearstorydata.com>.

Re: ExecutorState.LOADING?

Posted by Kay Ousterhout <ke...@eecs.berkeley.edu>.