Posted to users@camel.apache.org by maheshadepu <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/28 21:08:40 UTC

load balancing & fail over

Hi All,

Is it possible to implement load balancing & fail over without using Apache
Service Mix.

I have few camel routes those are declared in spring xml file. I am loading
camel/spring context thru a
java class. This works fine for development machines. I want to implement
load balancing & fail over
for production env.

To Implement  load balancing & fail over, could you suggest me what all
changes I have to do?

Thanks,
Mahesh

Re: load balancing & fail over

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 10:05 PM, Christian Müller
<ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The fail over mechanism is implemented by Apache Karaf and well documented.
> Google for it...

The failover in Karaf is on a container level failover, with a
hot-standby container.

If you need application level failover and load balancing then Karaf
doesn't offer that.
(For example your application calls an external service which fails,
and your application should fail-over calling some other system
instead.)

Yes you can use Camel without SMX for load balancing and failover.

See the load balancer EIP
http://camel.apache.org/load-balancer.html

And some Camel components have load-balancing and failover built-in
such as JMS and ActiveMQ components.
And some of the distributed cache/queues components such as Hazelcast
/ jgroups etc.

And check some of the 3rd party links as ppl have blogged about this
http://camel.apache.org/articles

And another matter running Camel standalone. You may also consider
using a container to host your applications.
And then Apache Karaf is an excellent container. Or classic containers
such as Tomcat is also useable.

> Sent from a mobile device
> Am 28.12.2012 21:09 schrieb "maheshadepu" <ma...@gmail.com>:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Is it possible to implement load balancing & fail over without using Apache
>> Service Mix.
>>
>> I have few camel routes those are declared in spring xml file. I am loading
>> camel/spring context thru a
>> java class. This works fine for development machines. I want to implement
>> load balancing & fail over
>> for production env.
>>
>> To Implement  load balancing & fail over, could you suggest me what all
>> changes I have to do?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mahesh
>>

>> --